Section II - Short Answer (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the short answer section?

HSC
decent....tended to focus on environment and labour market which was a little strange

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The short answers seemed more content heavy then usual. I was really surprised at the lack of calculations and questions where you had to explain given data tbh

That being said they weren't too difficult. I wasn't confident at all with labour market stuff and dont remember doing it in class (might have been rushed before trials)

Last edited:

13abie

HSC
you guys get 66.6% for participation rate ?
66.67 to 2dp or 66.7 to 1 dp sorry!!!

Also WTF is a disadvantage of a bilateral free trade agreement? Did they just want you to talk about the disadvantages of free trade? I said that it wasnt big enough to provide much free trade...
Other than that, the short answers were pretty easy

HSC
yep, the disadvantage of a bilarteral trade agreement was the only question that i wasnt sure of

13abie

HSC
I'm just praying my rambling will get me at least 2/3.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
yep, the disadvantage of a bilarteral trade agreement was the only question that i wasnt sure of
I just wrote about diversion of trade even though that is a bigger concern with mulilateral agreements.

Username2

HSC
N/A
I thought disadvantages of bilateral agreements was disadvantages of free trade and I tried to establish that fact in the first few sentences. In the end just wrote about dumping while tossing in a pretty crazy example of US and Mexico (even though it is a multilateral but it proves my point :p)

hup

HSC
N/A
isnt the bilateral one cause it restricts non members

eyeswideshut

HSC
with the disadvantages of bilateral trade i talked about how it could exclude other countries, esp poorer ones thus inequality blah blah blah and yeah

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
isnt the bilateral one cause it restricts non members
That is more for multilateral and trade blocs. AFAIK Bilateral agreements don't involve discriminating against other nations. You could probably still get the marks if you justified your answer though.

as16

HSC
N/A
with the disadvantages of bilateral trade i talked about how it could exclude other countries, esp poorer ones thus inequality blah blah blah and yeah
mine was something similar. I said that bilateral agreements lead to trade with countries that are not necessarily the best to trade with

Skriker

HSC
Lol, I just said it was an agreement between two economies about and that a country may have certain conditions and terms they have too follow which may bring about disputes and cause arguments between the free trade agreement or something like that :D

I guess anything is right if you talk about a disadvantage haha.

judd_s13

HSC
For labour markets i used Work Choices 2006 and example of a policy is this ok? Or they just looking for Jobs training compact? :/

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Yeah same.

I just said that some bilateral agreements are made between countries that have disadvantages/advantages in similar industries. For example, Australia and New Zealand are both 'poor' manufacturers due to the small size of their labour forces, and therefore....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)