Section II - Societies (2 Viewers)

X

xeuyrawp

How did you all go in Section II? Which societies did you do and what did you think of the questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
i studied sparta.

this was probably my worst section, which is a surprise because in the trial it was my best.

i really didn't think they'd ask women, because they asked it two years ago (for 10 marks)... but i knew their role and remembered quotes. i also wrote about perioikoi and helot women to flesh out my answer a little bit more.

i hadn't studied reforms of lycurgus, the 12 marker, but luckily i remembered quite a bit of it, and i had a quote for another section that also fit this.

HSC
minoans. they were ok, but i had a bit of trouble with the features of the frescoes... we had the exact same question in my trial, and i screwed it up then too. you'd think i would have learned my lesson! but the 12 marker was good.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Athens

um ok some ppl get like the role of women and we got describe the impact of the empire on the economy...

like its just obscure really, couldnt it just have been describe the economy

anyway i think i managed to bullcrap my way through that pretty well neway

and i couldnt remember the details of the thesmophoria festival but i like glossed over it so it was ok

but overall this was a lot better than my trials

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
sparta... pretty straight forward, interesting to see a 12 marker on lykurgus. was good :)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
haha minoans also. we've had the damn frescoes question for assessment, half-yearly and trial so i better get 8! i blabbed on so much about each section so hoping for 23+!
haha oh phaistos disc, so glad i learnt about you for the first time THIS MORNING! haha so lucky.
i like the 2, 3, 8, 12 structure. means you have one less thing to talk about :)

silverfiction

HSC
SpoonSamba said:
Athens

um ok some ppl get like the role of women and we got describe the impact of the empire on the economy...

like its just obscure really, couldnt it just have been describe the economy

anyway i think i managed to bullcrap my way through that pretty well neway

and i couldnt remember the details of the thesmophoria festival but i like glossed over it so it was ok

but overall this was a lot better than my trials
ooh athenian society with pericles?

yeah the questions were pretty easy except for that stupid economy one..
:mad:

but yeah i reacon i bullcrapped my way through it, it just had to be an 8 marker didnt it...
:rolleyes:

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i studied sparta.

this was probably my worst section, which is a surprise because in the trial it was my best.

i really didn't think they'd ask women, because they asked it two years ago (for 10 marks)... but i knew their role and remembered quotes. i also wrote about perioikoi and helot women to flesh out my answer a little bit more.

i hadn't studied reforms of lycurgus, the 12 marker, but luckily i remembered quite a bit of it, and i had a quote for another section that also fit this.
we did Sparta as well...

I didn't talk about periokic women or helot women... I just did economic/eugenic/religious festival roles and their emancipated natures as 'status'
But I also had enough sources in there to write a 25 mark essay... I think I did fairly well.

As for the others - helots was fine, natural resources a bit :\ but then I remembered the words of L.F Fitzenhardinge or something about clay and lead.

And the 12 marker seemed OK.

HSC
Rhanoct said:
sparta... pretty straight forward, interesting to see a 12 marker on lykurgus. was good :)
it was interesting to see a q on lycurgus. i wouldnt say it was good...but interesting.
lucky i skimmed over that this morning ey?!
i was so happy to see a helot question.
i was cheering!

whoops i didnt say anything about periokoi or helot women either..ohh well. probbaly lose like 2 marks or something.
at least i refered to sources.

Kelly47

HSC
I did New Kingdom Egypt - Death of Amenhotep III

The first few questions were okay... but I hated the last ones, about how important the empire was to society... I think I talked about festivals and the image of warrior haha.
At the moment, I can't even remember what the last question was lol. Total mind blank, but I know I wrote a page or so on whatever it was. :/

MadamGuilia

HSC
Mycenaean Greece.

Wasn't too bad, I forgot what a tholos tomb was but attempted it. Rambled on about the citadel and the crafts/industry as best I could or could remember... 'Bout all.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
SPARTA

i looked at and i was like OMG WTF THIS IS PISS EASY.

I mean women i had read over in the morning assessment on them for that exact uestion so it was sOooooooo easy. Then Lycurgus just split it saying what reforms did for society then importance that they were enacted by Lycurgus hwo that was significant for society

HSC
Patar said:
we did Sparta as well...

I didn't talk about periokic women or helot women... I just did economic/eugenic/religious festival roles and their emancipated natures as 'status'
But I also had enough sources in there to write a 25 mark essay... I think I did fairly well.

As for the others - helots was fine, natural resources a bit :\ but then I remembered the words of L.F Fitzenhardinge or something about clay and lead.

And the 12 marker seemed OK.
i didn't write about religious role of women. didn't even cross my mind for a second -_-

jarmie

HSC
Sparta.
Was really easy. I filled the booklet talking about women and Lycurgus.
The Helot's question was awesome. Couldn't write too much though, since it was only 3 marks.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
OMG -- what was the first question in Sparta? Natural features or resources?

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
yeah, I overkilled that question... 8 marks and I swear I wrote an academic essay on it... same with Lycurgus. But thankfully, if I'm going to do that, at least I did it in the 45 minutes haha.

I'm still getting over misreading the Herculaneum/Street question.. lols.

danniface.

HSC
mynamewastaken said:
minoans. they were ok, but i had a bit of trouble with the features of the frescoes... we had the exact same question in my trial, and i screwed it up then too. you'd think i would have learned my lesson! but the 12 marker was good.

Loll I'm EXACTLY the same!

I was reading my trial or whatever exam it was last night and it was my answer to that exact question, and I did pretty shit in it.

And then I saw it on the test paper today. I was like DAAAMMMMMIIIITTT.

Minoans was pretty shit. Except for the religion bit. Oh so easy to ramble on about.

stillwaters

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
Mycenaean Greece.

Wasn't too bad, I forgot what a tholos tomb was but attempted it. Rambled on about the citadel and the crafts/industry as best I could or could remember... 'Bout all.
yea did mycenaean greece as well.... lol i rambled on about citadels as well... tlaking about the walls..... and the palace.. .and yea... big stones in the walls... ummm..... yeaa... but it was ok... it seemed abit easier than last years and other years.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Someone told me it was Herculaneum, not Pompeii.

This is esentially what I wrote:

Divided into Insulae [in Pompeii]
[Pompeii was] "Interlocking jigsaw of small medium and large houses" (Hadrill)
Shops opened up onto the streets [of Pompeii]
[Pompeii had] several gates
The main road was the Via Dell'Abbondaza which led up to the Forum
The roads met with other roads in other Companian towns [in Pompeii]
10% was market gardens [in Pompeii] (Jashemski)

So you see, while I wrote a small essay on it - my writing style subconsciously always answers the question I think I am supposed to be answering

It would have all been structured, "Pompeii's streets" and "in Pompeii" at the end of every point.

lols.

I think I'll get 2 for the question. I did refer to the source, but I went "...in Pompeii, as seen in Source 5."

lol again

oh well. it's over. I'm happy enough with it. Looking forward to going to GPK with the Brotherhood (you'd know them Bradman but i probs shouldnt name anyone on the internet) on the 6th.

daniellekho

Cool Member
HSC
N/A
silverfiction said:
ooh athenian society with pericles?

yeah the questions were pretty easy except for that stupid economy one..
:mad:

but yeah i reacon i bullcrapped my way through it, it just had to be an 8 marker didnt it...
:rolleyes:
yes it was an 8marker...relatively easy. talk tribute,coinage, army, trade and slavery and the sort and how they benefited the eco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)