Section III - Focus Studies (1 Viewer)

cimbom

HSC
i did (a) for both consumers and family...
i sort of predicted that they would ask about finance specifically for a consumer question, because they asked about marketing+advertising last year... and changing values is one of the legal themes they hadn't used yet. next year it will be legal processes and institutions or something...
family and children question was absolutely fantastic. The new shared parental responsibility amendment, parenting orders, child support payments, DOCS and foster homes, if only i finished... it was all in my intro, and in my dot- points at the end :(

dougie88

FAmily B
Workplace A

It was great cos our teacher wrote us an excellent question to the Workplace A) question. I wud of chose B) again but i memorised his essay

daniandrow

HSC
i bombed world order hard....family i couldnt stop writing it was so vague so my writing is probably 95% garbage....this exam sucked hard

ebonypurcell

HSC
omg. i loved the essays.
consumers: b
workplace: b
i had a preplanned answer for legal issues and remedies. it was so good!!

sly fly

HSC
I did A for both family and world order. I'm pretty happy with family, only problem being that I forgot to include stuff about inheritance........as for world order:d, couldn't be happier!I did like the exact same q in my trial and got a 25 - too bad I didn't memorise the essay last night but alot of it came back to me in the exam. World order is the only part of the exam I'm stoked about.....crime sucked and the other 2 were ok.

sly fly

HSC
melsc: I think u were meant to write about care and control, discipline, education, inheritance etc........there's a bit on it in the syllabus. Anyway dw, as long as u related it well to the q u should be orite

nooluvzmicky

HSC
i did FAMILY- a and WO- a.. i managed to shit on for 13pages on family so im happy with that n i think i did pretty good :) but i only got 10pages for WO n didnt quite finish becoz i wasnt as revised as i shld have been for it but all in all this that the extended responses were the most decent part of the exam!

jezzza

in world order essay i wrote about:

icj - milosevic

bosnia conflict

israel palestinian conflict..and about the wall..and how the incursions into the gaza strip..the israelis found it to reflect their legal system and the palestinaisn reflected their legal rights to attack the intruders etc. etc.

i also talked about the war on terror by america, outlined the caroline case.

i talked about israel v. iraq 1981

un millenium conference

nicaragua v. mexico 1926

rwanda masscare failure of the un intervention

the adhoc tribunals for them.

terrorism and alqaueda etc......

IC - 814 case involving pakistanis hijecting indian plane landing it into pakistan and they werent tryed cause pakistan supported their terrorism cause of the hate in the kashmir region etc.

and some other crap cant remember....

wat u guys think?

sly fly

HSC
Well for my trials I wrote the different frameworks for achieving world order ie. I did a paragraph on international instruments, one on NGO's, one on IGO's, one on the UN...u get the idea. Then in each paragraph I somehow interwove the whole need for world order thing and briefly mentioned expansionism, forms of conflict etc. I got full marks for that essay so I'm guessing what I did is right.

b-rex

HSC
pig_93 said:
a question

i did a for both consumer and family btw

did everyone use that effectiveness criteria? or cos it didnt say 'effectiveness' in the queston, we didnt have to? i vaguly referred to it

i was so pissed off they didnt have an effectiveness question..
my teacher told me that.. although it is not definite... there will be a 98% chance of there being an effective question.. so i had prepared that for Consumers..

i sort of not really spoke aout the criteria.. simply because i had prepared an essay with it....

I did Family B and Consumers A....
but i didnt write about financing a purchase i didnt know what that was...
what is it >? lol

_BaadShah_

HSC
i done both b) for family and workplace..

so what did people talk abt in family n workplace for these 2 focus studies??..

family i talkd abt same sex relationships, de factos and divorce n through divorce i talkd abt children and domestic violence ..

was gonna talk abt ATSI but spent too much time on this question..

and workplace, i briefly talkd abt OH&S and then talkd abt Discrimination in workplace .. didnt write too much in this, abt 6pages ..

ne1 else do same as me or waheva?..

cheers, ash

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Mz_mE said:
isnt financing a purchase sorta like credit and stuff.. mortgages and stuff like that.. through contracts..
yes good work
credit, security, credit act, consumer credit code etc etc

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i did B for both family and shelter.

i didnt get to finish my family essay to my standard..had to do a rush job due to having only 5 mins left to do the whole thing on divorce.

i used a load of acts, cases and media.

kouklitsa

yay.. i luved those questions.. i picked them b4 the exam..

our teacher was preparing us for b) all along

i did a) for both family and shelter tho.. about an hour before the exam i said to myself 'i want the right to shelter;' and voila the paper read my mind! yay

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh they were good questions.

I chose B for both (shelter and consumers). Allowed a discussion on some law reform which was good (To show how the law has maintained its reflection of society's values as those valuies change etc)

cooljazza

HSC
I did Family a) and Shelter a)

I thought the questions were pretty straight forward and wrote 8 pages for family and 12 for shelter. Stoked as. im hoping for 2 solid 25's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)