Section III - Focus Studies (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is it just me or did not alot of bosers do WO? or Indigenous Peoples? hmm, I'm certainly hoping that's a good thing :)

For WO i basically covered all the UN mechanisms and its relevant conventions, also added supportive quotes from B.B.Ghali, Mr. Annan and U.Thant, hopefully they exemplified my argument and the obvious need for world order. It was funny though cos when I saw the question I was thinking 'dude as if we don't need world order!!' so i just kept using the line 'therefore, it is obvious we need to persevere towards our move for world order'. lol

If anyone did IP post up how you think you went :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The percentage of the candidates that choose each focus in 2004

Family 85%
Consumers 40%
Workplace 28%
Wold Order 20%
Shelter 9%
Global Enviroment 8%
Indigenous 5%
Technological Change 3%

cigi_k

HSC
boo hoo i'm so afraid of you

I did question a) for both the Indigenous Peoples and World Order focus studies. My indigenous peoples response was o-kay... not too detailed... i could've used more examples. :( My world order response was good i thought... i included treaties and declarations, force, rigos, icj, ad-hoc tribunals... but after the exam my friend directed my attention to the syllabus, where the term 'international instruments' as was written in the question only encapsulates treaties and declarations... the other legal mechanisms are just that... mechanisms and organs... not legal instruments! ARGH!!! *sighs and contemplates hitting head on keyboard... thinks of the pain and decides against it* but i am assured by my legal studies teacher that since the questions in this year's paper was a little awkward, the markers would have to accept a diverse range of answers... hopefully she is right! :)

Cigi

HSC
Cigi i dont think you should worry too much, considering the fact that the legal studies exam was a bit off this year...

pretty sure you did fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)