Section III - For or Against (1 Viewer)

Are you with us? Or against us?

• I disagreed with the statement. I HATE DET!

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • I agreed with them. I'm a whore of the DET.

Votes: 75 52.4%

• Total voters

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Just a nicer, cleaner poll to see how many people defied the DET. Muhaha!

-P_D

Dr_Doom

HSC
Department of Education and Training (I just googled it :eek:)

ariana88

HSC
i did For cos my planned essay had a lot of self reflection crap in it so i wrote about 7 pages

Naylyn

HSC
I found it easy to disagree with it, I argued that there are certain conditions that must be met before speculation can occur and so those conditions were more important.

xx__savannah

HSC
Bugger, my essay sounds rather crap compared to what you said in just those two paragraphs, spadijer.

Like I said in the SecIII forum:
I basically said that the challenges that the protagonists are presented with in their texts, and how they overcome them is the most important aspect, more than the 'outcome' of their self-reflection and the end of the text, as shown by the lack of distinct resolution in 'My Place' and 'Journey to the Interior'. My related text just described some other forms of challenges the composer saw as important.

beckkiieee

HSC
i disagreed and argued straight from the dot points - that imaginative journey processes include not only speculation, but also inspiration and the imagination itself!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agreed and added in some other insights that I had prepared.

shimmy&shine

HSC
spadijer said:
Inner journeys clearly presented itself as a 'for' option - not only because the characters are forced to experience a series of epiphanies but because the responder also needed a sefl-realisation and reflect upon their prejudices.

Basically, I discussed the concept of growth and obstacles being a correlative factor in the inner journey - In particular, I structured my thesis based on techniques used by the composer and how they represented the concept of 'self-realisation '- and how techniques such as symbolism, contrast, pronoun shifts and a nostalgic tone were evident in all my texts.

My Place and the use of paternalist imagery, road not taken was connected to Nan: telling her story in ages and ages hence and my related text, called Summer Storm - which was about a kid coming to the self-realisation that hes...well..gay. Again correlating with the choices Frost made in life. I discussed the use of colour, rain, weather patterns, bird call motifs as metaphors for the challenges self-realisation entails and how responders we are forced to espouse the ideas being expounded. Michel Foucault was useful for this. Hence, self-realisation and admiting the nature of one self is essential in an inner journey as it leads to growth on two levels: responder and character.

I do feel sorry for people who did the physical journey, although if you propounded a thesis on the aesthetic nature of the journey and perhaps on the connection between the physical, inner and imaginative.
YOU JUST FREAKED ME OUT THEN!!!

You made me think that I read the word 'SELF-REFLECTION' wrongly. You keep talking about SELF-REALISATION, wtf? Please explain.

did you miss read? I just checked the paper. It was all about self-reflection not self-realisation.

samantha_s

HSC
I was For the statement because I could use it to expand my thesis, as speculation leads to self-discovery and increased awareness of the world.

Uni

God made me cool
HSC
i thought of all the questions the imaginative journey question was the hardest

i argued that it depends upon the perspective of the individual. i said that, of course, speculation on the part of the text creator is vital, as the imaginative part would not exist without it, and is thus a truism. i then argued that on the part of the responder, engagement within the text is the most important aspect of the imaginative journeys from the perspective of the responder, and texts in this regard principle aim is to engage the responder, and in doing so effectively convey whatever message the creator intended.

so i pretty much completely ignored the syllabus and shot off on a tangent :D yay fun!

Uni/.

sanjay_88

HSC
Anyone else argue against the essay question?

I'm a bit worried about the fact that i argued against my essay question, because NO ONE else i asked did. Tell me anyone who did?

carreau

HSC
Re: Anyone else argue against the essay question?

Yes I argued against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)