Section III - For or Against (1 Viewer)

Are you with us? Or against us?

• I disagreed with the statement. I HATE DET!

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • I agreed with them. I'm a whore of the DET.

Votes: 75 52.4%

• Total voters

oersorctibe

HSC
beckkiieee said:
i disagreed and argued straight from the dot points - that imaginative journey processes include not only speculation, but also inspiration and the imagination itself!
Exactly what I did :)

mpearse

HSC
beckkiieee said:
i disagreed and argued straight from the dot points - that imaginative journey processes include not only speculation, but also inspiration and the imagination itself!
Thats the way to do it....give them a taste of their own medicine!

I did the same, but rather less explicitly! Using my texts (Lime Tree and Frost at Midnight, Wind in the Willows, Alice in Wonderland and Kandinsky's Ravine Improvisation) I basically argued that all the Imaginative journeys I have studied have contained speculation (quote technique) HOWEVER it was not the central concern (as the question suggested). Quite the oposite in reality, the process of speculation was simply a vehicle by which the purpose - didactic or educatory or otherwise - can be reached. there is always something more important...

Last edited:

Cabrello

HSC
I agreed with it because I argued against my teacher so much she told me
"Do you want to be right or do you want the marks, Just say yes"

Personally I disagreed with it, but my argument would have talked about everything except speculation in the procsess so I said yes just so I would stick to the question.

I suppose I am a whore for the DET, I do anything for the little bit of love they give me

murgatroid

HSC
i dissagreed. I already had a theory that i had sorted all my related texts around so it was just easier to say that my theory was more important than self-reflection or whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)