Section III, IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

Mandy101

HSC
I did the "transformation of the Delian League to the Athenian Empire' question for Greece 500-440BC and the 'administration of the Egyptian empire' for New Kingdom Egypt AIII-RII. I thought the essay questions were great.

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
d3v1l_grl said:
I did Themistocles in Greece 500-440 BC - was really hoping for a greco-persian wars question...and i did amun and the rise of the cult in NK Egypt, both pretty good questions, about 10 pages each.
Isnt that a question that asks what themistocles did to help greeks defeat persians?? coz that exactly what i talked about

lextasy

HSC
the historical period was my weakest link. i did NK Egypt. I got about 6 pages of absolute waffle on the co-regency of Hat and Thut III. didn't use enough sources, said the same thing in various ways. it was shite.
but hopefully made up for it a little in my Rome essay *fingers crossed*

chin music

HSC
N/A
Anthrax said:
i did about 20 pages each
U mustve had like no time for the other 2 sections or u got fuckn huge writing. I did 12 for 1 of them in which i basically wrote and wrote without a break for 50 minutes but only 5 pages for the other. I somehow made 5 pages out of 1 fact. I wish u didnt have to pick the 2 historical periods from different periods. My 2 were in the same one. I made a couple of mistakes but my teacher told me they give u marks and dont actually take marks off so at least i wont get marks and wont lose any.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
lextasy said:
the historical period was my weakest link. i did NK Egypt. I got about 6 pages of absolute waffle on the co-regency of Hat and Thut III. didn't use enough sources, said the same thing in various ways. it was shite.
but hopefully made up for it a little in my Rome essay *fingers crossed*
Ugh, I'm the same, only I did the expansion question. Got half way through before realising I had no idea what I was talking about. relying on my O.K. society to pull me through

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hsitoricals period i done mine on pompey!! go team!! man i only sufficed 9 pages for that section..stupid kids outside wouldnt stfu!!!!

that question was really ambiguous....

Kd14

HSC
I think I did pretty well in this one, well I hope..

SaintCait

HSC
I did Greece 800-500 and Greece 500-440

Themistocles and Pisistratids

suhini

HSC
i went well in my historical periods. i think i got it easy since it was my pet topics they asked about for the essays ; augustus and akhenaten. im really happy with my paper. i cant wait to see wat i got!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
wrong_turn said:
hsitoricals period i done mine on pompey!! go team!! man i only sufficed 9 pages for that section..stupid kids outside wouldnt stfu!!!!

that question was really ambiguous....
Yes i did pompey. Ambiguity = a broad, general question. I loved it, although the question refered to his military acheivements, i strayed slightly into his political machinations as well.

meh05

OKE sources for unification. did it in trial, got 21/25. wish i hadve read that hey. talked about narmer pallette, double crown, memphis, two burial places of the kings, heb sed, kings coronation. pretty shit. only 6 pages. forgot everything. dont care tho coz im finished!!! :D

hipPo3

HSC
meh05 said:
OKE sources for unification. did it in trial, got 21/25. wish i hadve read that hey. talked about narmer pallette, double crown, memphis, two burial places of the kings, heb sed, kings coronation. pretty shit. only 6 pages. forgot everything. dont care tho coz im finished!!! :D
omg im screwed .. i talked only about the narmer pallet, Neith-hotep.. and the other kings that had the 'hedge' and 'bee' in thier sereks .. omg omg .. only 3 pages !!

jess_s

HSC
i did the fall of roman republic on second trimvirate... it was a really poor effort... like only 6 pages n just like awhole lot of bs.... but hopefully i got something right lol
the second one NKE the one on akhenaten religious reforms n i think i killed it... like it was one of the only things i knew well n had heaps of quotes for.... so hoefully i do well in that... i thought there was no way they would put in a question that easy.. there usually always all bullshit bout seti I and horemheb which i have no idea bout so was plesently surprised

sevenpuddings

HSC
I did Augustus and the Julio Claudians, and LOVED the question they asked. Wrote 10 pages too which I was impressed with...

Kao

HSC
OKE unification sources!! :D My dream question! Mostly because I could also go into the Menes/Narmer/Aha debate after I exhausted my unification sources. Seven pages, medium-sized writing.

somnambulist

For Section 3, I wrote about Political Revolution in Rome 133-78 BC and did the Sulla question. Of course, I had no idea what I was talking about so I wrote a booklet on absolute shit all. Anyhow. I did the Sparta essay for the next section, and the question was really broad.

How many pages are to a booklet?

G

gigi_love

I thought the exam wasnt that bad honestly, easier than the trials definatley. A few of the essay questions were a bit tricky but i choose the best options i think...i hope...

mustarrd

HSC
bind said:
haha wooooo. we only did one historical period, and i did greek world 500-440. haha i really hadnt studied enough, and all i really studied was transformation of delian league into athenian empire. so basically if the question had been on anything else i would have been screwed. hahah yay for being a luckyhead! *big happy face*
what school do u go to?

Master Gopher

HSC
I did the Augustus question - contributions and impact. About 10 pages, I had five million sources, and I feel great about it.

Was going to do Pompey, which I studied masses, then decided at the last minute to do role of the army instead which I figured less people would do, I had zillions of sources for it, and it's easy to explain.

And what do you know, there was a 2nd triumvirate question!! What does that tell you, people who doubt those who predict the questions each year? Next year's 1st triumvirate, and you better believe it.

elissyia

i thought the paper was fukd n a waste of tym... i done N.K. lucky i mainly focused on studyin the hyksos had a feelin itll be in there.. but didnt study it too good.. i wrote bout 6-7 pages coz i didnt no wat else to bloody talk bouy.. ne ways goodluck 2 all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)