Section III - P. Skrzynecki essay (1 Viewer)

teurino

HSC
to those doing physical journeys as their AoS and using 'Immigrant Chronicle' as their prescribed text, im keen to noe how many poems are other people doing. Im deciding whether to do 2 or 3 plus 1 related material.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
High chances are is that they'll ask you to selected two or more poems and texts or your own choosing.

This means you need to do a minimum of two poems, and two texts of your own choosing. I recommend you adhere to this; two peoms, two other texts.

dtmur

HSC
I know 7 peoms, and ill use 2 that suit plus one supp text,
i used 2 supp texts in trials and was told to focus more on Skrzynecki
as the supp text is just to support what your saying

by all 3 markers and that was the general idea given to everyone

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But if it says 'texts' (plural), you need more than one.

Basically your trying to support your thesis on journeys. Your related texts are just as important as the poems. The markers have read thousands of essays Skzynecki. Give them something substantial with your related material.

teurino

HSC
so by doing 2 poems and 1 supplementary/related text, ur not in the pool of getting an 18-20/ out of 20?

gezzill

HSC
teurino said:
so by doing 2 poems and 1 supplementary/related text, ur not in the pool of getting an 18-20/ out of 20?
each section is out of 15 in P1
but if it says refer to one poem and one text.. you can do 1 poem and 1 text and still get full marks.. you just have to do it well.
im doing 2 poems and 2 supp texts

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you want to feel safe, learn three poems and two related texts. They is no plausible way they are going to ask for more than that. However, I'm sure you can get away with two of each.

In all, just make sure you read the question correctly, and use the number of texts specified.

teurino

HSC
kk cheers, by the way, wen u guys analyse/evaluate the poems and link them towards the concept, physical journeys, how much content will u put in. I've practised writing an essay and i ended up doing a page for 'Crossing the Red Sea' alone.

dtmur

HSC
a page sounds good, though think about the timing,
that means another page for the other poem/s
and supp texts.

HSC
i am doing three i might only use two but i still am knowing three in detail and 2 additional texts. they will probably only ask you for one but two is better.

I just wrote an essay i am so ready for AOS.

teurino

HSC
lol i noe, i timed myself writing my pre-prepared essay with my thesis and 2 poems taking me 34mins. With the supp. text, does the analysis/evaluation of the text be as in depth as doing the poems or can it be brief.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Your final essay will most likely be under 1200 words. This means you want to spend around 300 words max on each text. Less if you do more than three texts. I generally spend a paragraph on each text, doing 4 texts in all. Plus a conclusion and introduction of course.

Your related text analysis should be just as long as you analysis of one of the poems

dtmur

HSC
a little more brief although the more the better again what you can fit in.
but also dont forget the linking of the texts and 'how's'

anyone else doing business and struggling to study for both English and Business ?
By Monday i Will 4/6 exams done

kinda scary

HSC
i just write practice essays i never understood how to write a pre-prepared one.

I seriously wrote like 4 pages in 25 mintues

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't bothered with pre-prepraed anyway. Just know your quotes and you'll do fine.

Yeah, I'm doing business as well. They're is so much content to remember. I'm getting my dad to quiz me on my notes, to see if I know it all.

dtmur

HSC
yeh im just finishing writing my syllabus points out, trying to do without looking at info.
Have you read over your case study much ? what did you do for it ?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'll either do Coca-Cola Amatil, or I'll make up a company in the exam. It doesn't have to be a real company, so that's good.

dtmur

HSC
ha yeah, jus been reading my domino's one.
did you have to do it for a school assesment ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)