Section III - Personalities (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

How did you all find Section III? What were your personalities, and how did you think you went?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly47

HSC
My personality was Xerxes. I don't think I did that well, especially part a). I didn't know what to write about so I used my imagination.
b) I didn't think was too bad, might have gotten at least a pass on it lol.

Both questions were the parts I had studied least. *shakes fist* lol

s2hurt

HSC
^ your lucky, at least you study it, i took a risk and thought it wasnt gonna be in there and didnt bother studying it at all. I was the last one there with like 30mins left making bullcrap of persepolis of it being made out of gold with 100 columns. for a) all i wrote was about babylon and egypt.

HSC
i do Hatshepsut. it was good, i remembered all the relevant quotes and evidence i needed :) i just hope all my points came across clearly.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Could anyone post the actual Xerxes question as we didn't have a class this year and I don't know when I will get to see a copy of the paper?

x-beckyyy-x

HSC
i did julius caesar. liked the 10 mark qu buttt the 15 mark, doubt i got anywhere near 15 for the 'motives for his assassination!'
i just threw in sooo many irrelevant quotes hahah

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
thank fuck they didn't ask about Modern and Ancient images and interpretations --> it was asked in the Independent and Catholic paper:lol:

marlainagarcia

HSC
N/A
Xerxes:
a) How did xerxes deal with the revolts in the Persian Empire
b) Evaluate the building program of Xerxes

HSC
good old hatty. haha. i did pretty well in the amun question, thats easy, and fair in the foreign policy one. i hope i made sense ha. for some reason i remember egypt stuff so much better than p&h or minoans... its so weird.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Ramesses II

i couldnt believe the 15marker was on foreign policy, i just assumed it'd be one of those wishy washy dot points form the end of the syllabus

anyway i was stoke that it was foreign policy cos its the only thing i know about ramesses

and 10marks of religious policies, that involved a bit more creative thinking but overall pretty decent

thetoddles

HSC
x-beckyyy-x said:
i did julius caesar. liked the 10 mark qu buttt the 15 mark, doubt i got anywhere near 15 for the 'motives for his assassination!'
i just threw in sooo many irrelevant quotes hahah

oh yer that 15 marker sucked ass..

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
akhenaten was kinda gay!
relo to the aten? i bullshitted kinda and just threw in as many random points as i could haha.
building policies...never looked at that specifically but i kinda knew enough about his early karnak and nubia stuff and then akhetaten so blabbed on about his new city...they were kinda crazy questions! def my worst area.

silverfiction

HSC
Nasonex said:
thank fuck they didn't ask about Modern and Ancient images and interpretations --> it was asked in the Independent and Catholic paper:lol:
hmm i studied modern images and interpretations for my trial so i had that covered.

but the stupid pericles question wasn't even about that so i was like AHHH..

but then i finished everything with an hour to do my pericles and i kinda calmed down and quite enjoyed doing the pericles questions =)

very easy. im not sure if i wrote enough for the ten mark part thou.. around a page and a half ? hopefully it'll be ok :rolleyes:

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
xerxes. seeing as i didn't cover xerxes much at school because i slackened off after trials it was hard to wing. i think i assessed his building program very well, but historical detail was lacking. dunno, hopefully i dont score too low because im confident the others are b6 level

yay no more ancient.. cant wait to burn all these notes :angry:

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Caesar.....

10 marker was a tad gay.

But I would like to thank Stephen Dando-Collins for publishing the novel "Caesar's Legion"

Because by reading that, I knew the whole story generally.

It's just that 10 marker I was a bit short on sources. I guess I went OK, maybe a 8/10.

15 marker

OHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! same question we got for our assessment that year.. and I had enough sources to write a 30 marker on it. haha

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
akhenaten was kinda gay!
relo to the aten? i bullshitted kinda and just threw in as many random points as i could haha.
building policies...never looked at that specifically but i kinda knew enough about his early karnak and nubia stuff and then akhetaten so blabbed on about his new city...they were kinda crazy questions! def my worst area.
OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i did him too. [thats what she said]
i blabbed on about how hes the sole connection between aten and the ppl, and then i wrote stuff on how his pictures are in their houses and stuff.
i dont think ill get very good...
and i didnt look at building program wither...i bullshitted most of it.
just wrote "umm he built temples"
and obviously talked about his city.
i was so lucky in the other ones but this one just killed me.

MadamGuilia

HSC
Akhenaten

Wasn't too bad... the questions were fairly obvious I guess. Just did what I could with the information I had :)

I did get confused with my information... dang it!!!!

PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE!

China Doll

HSC
to be honest i had a little bit of trouble discussing hat's foreign policy. i have a niggling feeling that i left a crucial argument out of my response! gar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)