Section IV - Historical Periods (2 Viewers)

MadamGuilia

HSC
NKE - AIII to the death of RII

I was hoping for a Rameses II question, he interests me.

But I suppose it was obvious they were to choose something like Akhenaten. I couldn't do much for the Battle of Kadesh coz we hardly ever got taught about it and I didn't get a chance to go into detail with it, so went on a ramble (hopefully a good one) about Akhenaten... He's my personality too.

Was not entirely happy with self but hey... :) Tried me best!

Last edited:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
LOL GREEK WORLD 500-440 BC

did part A not to hard people. It gain of image of the invicible hoplites reinforced by seeing them in action, negative view of them by Greece as not willing to help other beyond greek mainland, conflict with athens due to its rise in power from delian league as it continued persian war, and impacted upon the begining of spartas decline because it began the decrease in spartiate poputlation

China Doll

HSC
mynamewastaken said:
i did new kingdom to death of thut IV

pretty good, egypt is my favourite. i did the building program one, because i couldnt think how anyone would write 25 marks worth of stuff just on the warrior pharaoh image... shrug.

but i couldnt remember what a few of the pharaohs built so i guessed, and hoped it was right.
I actually ended up doing the question on the image of the warrior pharaoh ... after about half an hour of it i started struggling for new material! i could be wrong, but i feel that for 25 marks, asking you to talk about where the image of the warrior pharaoh was used might be a bit limiting ...
i'm just WAITING for some swot to tell me that they wrote 18 pages on it. ha.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
-vicki.VICIOUS- said:
same!
but i was so happy to see an akhenaten question.
before the exam i go to my friends "im really hoping they have a question on the akhenaten revolution coz thats basically all ive studied"
and to my luck it was there!
i was amazed.
so i just basically spewed out everything from the personality question plus more lol.
i had to get another booklet which surprised me GREATLY!
it felt good though.
hopefully ill get at least an 18.

they were being too specific in this too.
gosh.
haha yeh before the test i was like "i'm just praying they ask like assess religious developments over the 18th dynasty" but a question just on akhenaten was pretty sweet too :)

HSC
i did new kingdom egypt to the death of thutmose the IV D:

I WROTE MY HEART OUT FOR OPTION B, WHICH WAS ABOUT MILITARY OR SOMETHING

managed to get 7 pages of bs :(

hope i at least got a band 5 D:

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
nke - thut IV.

14 pages on the building program! building is my speciality, if that's possible. i know building facts about every single pharaoh. this question was MADE for me, and hopefully for the people i was studying with this morning, because i wouldn't shut up about it lol! main points, if anyone cares;
- rebuilding after the hyksos, plus the introductions of the hyksos aiding in future development
- deir el-medina
- karnak, as well as how far the building stretched (euphrates --> cataracts)
- propaganda (mostly hatshepsut and thut III)
- relationship with the priesthoods
- military outposts
- gods resident in egypt .:. ma'at achieved.

\o/

pezdog

HSC
I did Amenhotep III to Ramesses II...did the Akhenaten question since he is my personality. I thought both questions were to specific for the topic...whats the point of studying 200yrs of history and only being able to write about 20 years or a single battle?

danniface.

HSC
I did the Akhenaten one too. But it was a heaps good question! I'm just relieved I didn't have to write about Ramesses because I don't know enough about him to write an essay.

chilliscool

HSC
anyone actually, know what 25marks would encompass for the question on kadesh.
im guessing your talking about it in relation to the syrian war, an how it was the final battle and perhaps the winner might have got control over syrian region and therefore all the trade routes.
basically just talkin about egypt vs hittites over control of syria i assume ???
anyone any thoughts?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If anyone has the questions on Rome 133 - 78 I would love to see them as I don't have an Ancient class this year and it could be awhile before I can access a copy of the paper and next year's class is bugging me to know what I thought of the paper.

MaddyR

HSC
did anyone else do the Augustan Age? if so, holy crap - reforms!

thank you board of studies. this was our trial question, and my friends and I were discussing beforehand how if it was anything else, we'd be fucked. pretty much burst into laughter when I saw it. what did everyone else think? and did anyone do option b? I barely even read it ha

lollypoplady

HSC
cem said:
If anyone has the questions on Rome 133 - 78 I would love to see them as I don't have an Ancient class this year and it could be awhile before I can access a copy of the paper and next year's class is bugging me to know what I thought of the paper.
keen class!

a) Explain the significance of the Social War for ROme and its Italian allies (socii)

OR

b) What contribution did Sulla make to political developments in Rome during this period

aurora11

HSC
I thought the part b of greek world 500-440 BC was great, except unfortunately i did not study past the persian wars and part a was hence horrific.

but how well do u think i can possibly go if all i really said was that it was a demonstration of spartan military power but also athens rose to prominence and confidence, oh and also a short term impact was the unity of the states but this didnt last long and eventually led to conflict between the two states and the development of the league?

just curious :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lollypoplady said:
keen class!

a) Explain the significance of the Social War for ROme and its Italian allies (socii)

OR

b) What contribution did Sulla make to political developments in Rome during this period

Thank you.

Kew

HSC
I was worried for this section as the topics are so extensive.

I did New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Thutmose IV.

I'm glad the questions were very common-like, & required just basic knowledge of the topic to apply it to the question. :)
I'm happy with my response.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
aurora11 said:
I thought the part b of greek world 500-440 BC was great, except unfortunately i did not study past the persian wars and part a was hence horrific.

but how well do u think i can possibly go if all i really said was that it was a demonstration of spartan military power but also athens rose to prominence and confidence, oh and also a short term impact was the unity of the states but this didnt last long and eventually led to conflict between the two states and the development of the league?

just curious :)

better have linked the rise of athens to sparta in some way. Not sure prob get 20 mabye cause really had to be focused on sparta. Lol i didnt mind part A cause my society was Sparta till its decline lol so it complimented it soooooo wellllllllll

jennieTalia

HSC
SpoonSamba said:
Julio Claudians
a)compare admin of tiberius and gaius
b)something about praetorians
I did b and when I came out and people asked what i was writing I think I actually said 'urmmm something about PG' ahaha

The question was the 'the use of the PG in politcal role' or some shiz
Good question :D

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Soofy said:
I do the Julio-Claudians and the Roman Empire 14-69AD and I did part b YAY!
same
i was heaps upset cause this is normally my pbest part
but both questions were really bad

ended up choosing B cause i had no idea about A
Wont do really well in this
piece even though wrote a bit with heaps of scources

i talked about the prefects and their impact on poiltics and how PG did dirty work and killed for political reasons including emperors n stuff along the lines of that

hope i was right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)