Sections III, IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your thoughts on the 4 extended response options. (questions 25-28.)

How did you go? Which 2 questions did you choose?

HSC
I chose the first one for both questions.

No way was i going to talk about another country AND Australia haha i forget my case study all together and didn't bother looking at it because i made an executive decision to do whatever the other one was haha. It was something about microeconomic policies and thier impact on the economy, im not a slow writer but compared to other i am (i average about 4-5 an essay) and i think i did about 7 on this one which i was happy about and about 4 maybe 5 on the other one. So not to bad at all for me, i know people will come on and be like yep 12 paghes and 14 pages but i did my best.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I chose Question 25 and wrote 8 pages. I chose Question 27 and wrote 9 pages.
I was so stoked when I saw the questions, it was honestly my two strongest areas.

M@ster P

HSC
did question 25 wrote 10 pages and question 27 9 pages.

Should do ok, hopefully

Last edited:

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
I did questions 25 (micro) and 27 (macro). Wrote around 8 for q 25 and 10 for 27. Good essay questions, in my opinion.

akim93

HSC
chose microeconomic..a really good general question except i didn't understand the statstics,,why the hell did they include UN and OECD

and the macoecnomoic policies were the exact question that i prepared for
so i liked it

Heshy

HSC
i chose q26 + w28

both on globalisation.... i got it 2 rly work out and copied tonnes LOL

maddyure

HSC
I did micro and marco
micro= 12 pages
marco= 17 pages

stunner

HSC
Q25- 8 pages
Q27- 8 pages

They were alright... but the macro policy one stumped me a bit... was it just about the budget (fiscal policy) or could you talk about the RBA aswell?

~caramello~

HSC
Q25- 8 pages
Q27- 8 pages

They were alright... but the macro policy one stumped me a bit... was it just about the budget (fiscal policy) or could you talk about the RBA aswell?
I talked about both coz the question just said macro. But made sure wrote that RBA not controlled by gov. Think you needed both coz fiscal mainly for unemployment and RBA is for inflation targetting.

Yea, pretty good paper. Seriously thought they would have something weird this year.

absorber

HSC
I did 25/4.5 pages 27/6 pages.

lol 17 pages, liar.

i don't think i went to well
I know a guy who wrote 45 pages in our modern exam. And I've heard of people writing more than that; so it's unlikely they're lying.

8.5 for micro essay, that was awesome. Only 6 for macro though, ran out of time =\

Rocket Man

HSC
5 for micro and 3 for macro!
Just to verify macroeconomic policy mix means talk about monetary fiscal i hope?

is there any chance of a pass with 3 pages + Phillips curve :)?

Inflation stuff from short answers left me down as I spent so much time trying to think up how inflation happens. I went into that exam with the knowledge that inflation is like the increase in prices of G&S. Hope im right about that at least

jmods

HSC
Micro - 15. Bit of waffle.
Global impacts - 11. did it mostly on GFC.

vpa2891

HSC
Micro - 8 pages
Macro - 6 pages ...ran out of time :((

Lostie29

HSC
i think macro was alright.. but shit im scared for the section 3??
i wasnt too confident on micro. so i did the other economy..
how much marks would i lose if i didnt really talk about another economy??
like i mentioned africa and talked alot about the stimulus but didnt really say like specific statistics?
do u think i could fail..
howeve i did talk about eco growth with eco development and everything that was asked
however wasnt too strong on the "another economy"
do u think i would have lost alot of marks??

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I talked about both coz the question just said macro. But made sure wrote that RBA not controlled by gov. Think you needed both coz fiscal mainly for unemployment and RBA is for inflation targetting.

Yea, pretty good paper. Seriously thought they would have something weird this year.
It would've been wise to link to Philips Curve and NAIRU. It represents both aspects of the question Inflation and Unemployment. Similarly a mention of automatic stabilisers would've been appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)