Sections III, IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your thoughts on the 4 extended response options.

How did you go? Which 2 questions did you choose?

friend177

HSC
Post your thoughts on the 4 extended response options.

How did you go? Which 2 questions did you choose?
Man those were the easiest essay question ever...did fiscal and exchange rate..anything less than an 18/20 for both of them I'll be annoyed.

NubMuncher

HSC
Man those were the easiest essay question ever...did fiscal and exchange rate..anything less than an 18/20 for both of them I'll be annoyed.
Agreed. I spent about an hour on both and wrote so much. Expecting a beast mark for this section to help compensate for the shitty MC xD

Tennisaddict

HSC
Q25 = how does FP affect eco growth and Y distrobution.
Q26 = how does MP affect unemp and inflation
Q27 = discuss the effect of MER on product and factor markets
Q28 = discuss the impact on the domestic and global eco from changes in the AUD

I did 26 and 27

determine

Premium Member
HSC
wow... how straighforward! 10 times easier than last year

cut-off for band 6 should be considerably higher this year

HSC
i feel like they gave us good short answers and extended responses to compensate for shit MC

willstylz

HSC
really straight forward questions, spent about an hour on both.

I did monetary and exchange! loved it

silence--

HSC
man those essays could really not have been better.

ive already had two fiscal policy essays throughout the year (one in first assessment, one in trials) so i had loads of shit to talk about there.

also anyone who predicted exchange rates would be in the exam would have loved q28 i guess.

heres hoping.

milomarc93

HSC
To be honest, the questions were a little too easy and this made it a bit vague me thinks

Who did 25 and 28 and what did you write?

Galladrim

HSC
+1

Really not very challenging at all. I had to think more about the answers to the multiple choice than how to answer these.

Absolutely no surprises either, exactly what everyone was predicting- Macro/ Micro, Exchange rates.

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. I spent about an hour on both and wrote so much. Expecting a beast mark for this section to help compensate for the shitty MC xD
Same here. I did keep running out of things to write about for the fiscal policy essay though haha, but I managed a solid 6 pages with the hour I had on it. That's the best thing about Economics exams - They give you so much TIME

oscarmanutdfan

HSC
Fiscal for Distribution of income was a bit of a throw-off, I had shit all to talk about except for like tge $4.3bn rural package in the budget. But I wrote a crappy essay. Exchange rates essay was much more simple although I wished it was a China/Globo one.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Fiscal for Distribution of income was a bit of a throw-off, I had shit all to talk about except for like tge $4.3bn rural package in the budget. But I wrote a crappy essay. Exchange rates essay was much more simple although I wished it was a China/Globo one.
You surely talked about the automatic stabilisers?

13abie

HSC
I did Micro; beauty of a question, wish I had more time for it and Exchange Rates; also pretty good, except I wrote the US dollar was worth 1.06 Aussie instead of the other way around in my intro, I did it right the rest of the essay but I noticed it just as I was writing my student number at the end.
Expecting around 17-19 for both.

Bobbo1

HSC
wow... how straighforward! 10 times easier than last year

cut-off for band 6 should be considerably higher this year

what would the cut-off be? and what would a raw mark of about 90 get scaled to?

stevey6404

HSC
I did Micro; beauty of a question, wish I had more time for it and Exchange Rates; also pretty good, except I wrote the US dollar was worth 1.06 Aussie instead of the other way around in my intro, I did it right the rest of the essay but I noticed it just as I was writing my student number at the end.
Expecting around 17-19 for both.
Wait a sec...how did you do micro and exchange rate? they're same section...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)