Sections III, IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Bobbo1

HSC
can anyone evalute if my essays will even get above 10/20 :'( :'(

i wrote 6 pages for monetary policy
said how dmo;s are used, made a diagram, them said what happens to inflation in detail, then said what happens to u/e, then did obstacles in MP - implementation lags, draw philiphs curve, talked about Okun's law and yea that's it :'(

i wrote 7 pages for the microeconimc one
said how microeconmics aim is to increase AS, through increasing effeciencey, listed 3 types of effecincy ATD, then talked about what increased effeciency does for the economy, then talked about what a product market is, then talked about competition policy affecting product market, trade policy affecting product market - said positives of increasing competition --> increased effeciency, then said - how short term structural unemployment is caused affecting factor market..thus they are interlinked. then for factor market i talked about deregulation in labour and financial mkt's and how it's benidited inccreasing effeciency again, but said the voltality of finance. then gave evaulutation saying they were good reform as we passed the gfc un hurt

is that enough :'( like how much did you all write, and i write like 8-9 words
as long as u kept on topic for the those pages and by the sounds of it u did and mentioned almost all the key point, u should comfortably be into the 14-16 mark, depending on your analysis, use of stimulus and data it'll move up from there

13abie

HSC
Wait a sec...how did you do micro and exchange rate? they're same section...
************************************************MONETARY
omg i meant monetary. you just scared the absolute shit out of me ahhahahaahah

SXCBEAST

HSC
To be honest, the questions were a little too easy and this made it a bit vague me thinks

Who did 25 and 28 and what did you write?
I did 25

wrote about eco activity: eco grwoth, unemployment, infaltion, ext. stabiltiy and income distribution
28: supply and demand of Australian dollar, the influences of suppy and demand and how it all impacts the exchange rate

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
I predicted 3/4 of the responses. Although i was too scared to focus on them 3 in particular and so I just studied alot of topics (should have followed my heart)

eyeswideshut

HSC
yep pretty much agree with everyone, I did monetary and micro and will be annoyed if I get less than 18/20. spent an hour on each one

as16

HSC
N/A
Q25 = how does FP affect eco growth and Y distrobution.
Q26 = how does MP affect unemp and inflation
Q27 = discuss the effect of MER on product and factor markets
Q28 = discuss the impact on the domestic and global eco from changes in the AUD

I did 26 and 27
same i did 26 and 27 too :D

juliastegner

HSC
it was reallly straightforward but I didnt link the questions enough .. sigh.

Username2

HSC
N/A
Spent an hour on each but Exchange Rate one was incredibly weak despite writing 8 pages. Have never ever written an exchange rate essay and basically found that everything went into each other. for eg. Crappy global economic condition and trade are so related but i still decided to have them in separate paragraphs which lead to heaps of repeating. GAH so angry :S

SXCBEAST

HSC
I predicted 3/4 of the responses. Although i was too scared to focus on them 3 in particular and so I just studied alot of topics (should have followed my heart)
always follow ur heart babes

Skriker

HSC
WOW, all the essay questions were the ones I predicted which I was pretty suprised, had plenty of time too right them too :D

I think I just got lucky haha soo happy im finished with the HSC, FOREVER.

milomarc93

HSC
I did 25

wrote about eco activity: eco grwoth, unemployment, infaltion, ext. stabiltiy and income distribution
28: supply and demand of Australian dollar, the influences of suppy and demand and how it all impacts the exchange rate
What's the most you reckon I'd get?

For q 25 I interpreted 'economic activity' as economic growth only, and using the stimulus spoke about the gov's fiscal policy in response to the gfc as well as income distribution.

I used heaps of statistics and referred to the stimulus throughout

dela_

HSC
N/A
For the fiscal policy essay would it have been right to talk about how expansionary/contractionary/or a balanced budget impact on economic activity and use examples from the 2011/2012 budget. The talk about automatic stablilsers for income distribution:S

determine

Premium Member
HSC
what would the cut-off be? and what would a raw mark of about 90 get scaled to?
I reckon the cut-off will be about 85 this year. 90 will probably align to about 93-94, whereas last year it aligned to 95.

shortshelly

HSC
For the fiscal policy essay would it have been right to talk about how expansionary/contractionary/or a balanced budget impact on economic activity and use examples from the 2011/2012 budget. The talk about automatic stablilsers for income distribution:S
That is exacltly what I did. I also spoke about how the government tries to distribute income equally through transfer payments and a progressive tax system. :)

jononie

HSC
predicting that there would be policy questions for the essays is like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow morning, they've been in every cssa trial and hsc for the last 4 years...but still well done if you did predict a policy essay question.

dragons2011

HSC
N/A
for fiscal policy in regards to economic activity the main things you talked about were contractionary expansionary and neutral stance and the impacts of each on the economy

SXCBEAST

HSC
What's the most you reckon I'd get?

For q 25 I interpreted 'economic activity' as economic growth only, and using the stimulus spoke about the gov's fiscal policy in response to the gfc as well as income distribution.

I used heaps of statistics and referred to the stimulus throughout

I did the same, spent most of it on economic growth and said how that impacts unemployment etc. really briefly.
Was lucky cause this was our trial too, but I did the same for trial and managed 20/20. If you use GFC and income distribitojn as well as stimulus, you'll be heaps right probs 19-20 if you wrote in a scholarly manner :)

dela_

HSC
N/A
That is exacltly what I did. I also spoke about how the government tries to distribute income equally through transfer payments and a progressive tax system. :)
Omg same same yayayayay haha. What mark are you aiming for with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)