selective entry 2022 (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
i need to start deciding what schools to apply for soon (for yr 10 2022) but i can't choose between ruse, baulko, hornsby, nsg, syd girls and fort street. i go to a selective school but its a bad one, i got 6 A's 2 B's on my last report and i have lots of extra curriculars. ive done HAST twice now and did decent although i didnt get into hornsby or nsg.
any advice for applying and some good materials for HAST practice? i kinda didn't study last year and could've done better.

Lazzzzzyyyyyy...

HSC
You could do a bit of research to see if any of the school's have extra-curricular you're interested in or what subjects they are strongest at, e.g. Fort is well known for English. You should also consider whether the pressure will be an issue, and factor that into your decision.

If schools aren't opening a new class then its a lot more difficult to get in, and you'd need to do pretty well in HAST, at least above top 10% in a top 20 school, ofc this varies from school to school and how much availability there is. Also maybe do research on what schools are looking for, e.g. all-rounded academic excellence only, stellar performance in English, well-rounded extra-curricular activities etc. And for practising HAST, I bought the sample booklet they offered and then tried to find other resources that have similar questions, and I particularly struggled in Abstract ability the first time I did it, so for the second time I made sure to rectify that by practising and searching for resources and that did loads of good for the overall results.

skzzks

HSC
You could do a bit of research to see if any of the school's have extra-curricular you're interested in or what subjects they are strongest at, e.g. Fort is well known for English. You should also consider whether the pressure will be an issue, and factor that into your decision.

If schools aren't opening a new class then its a lot more difficult to get in, and you'd need to do pretty well in HAST, at least above top 10% in a top 20 school, ofc this varies from school to school and how much availability there is. Also maybe do research on what schools are looking for, e.g. all-rounded academic excellence only, stellar performance in English, well-rounded extra-curricular activities etc. And for practising HAST, I bought the sample booklet they offered and then tried to find other resources that have similar questions, and I particularly struggled in Abstract ability the first time I did it, so for the second time I made sure to rectify that by practising and searching for resources and that did loads of good for the overall results.
tysm i’ll definitely take the fact that fort street is well known for english into consideration since it’s one of my stronger subjects.

idkkdi

HSC
tysm i’ll definitely take the fact that fort street is well known for english into consideration since it’s one of my stronger subjects.
lol what. no school is especially well known for english lmao.

Kurrison

HSC
i need to start deciding what schools to apply for soon (for yr 10 2022) but i can't choose between ruse, baulko, hornsby, nsg, syd girls and fort street. i go to a selective school but its a bad one, i got 6 A's 2 B's on my last report and i have lots of extra curriculars. ive done HAST twice now and did decent although i didnt get into hornsby or nsg.
any advice for applying and some good materials for HAST practice? i kinda didn't study last year and could've done better.
do u go to gosford? Lol

skzzks

HSC
Last year, their HSC ranking was really bad, even they are fully selective.
yeah and now because of that the teachers are making us hand write everything because they think that’s the issue but like it doesn’t rlly make a difference for me tbh

Kurrison

HSC
yeah my brothers non selective school is only 4 ranks lower than mine it’s so sad
I saw some public schools are higher than Gosford bruh. I hope Gosford can do better this year.

skzzks

HSC
I saw some public schools are higher than Gosford bruh. I hope Gosford can do better this year.
hopefully yeah but 2023 will be the worst year for gosford's rank like the grade is very unfocused

Kurrison

HSC
hopefully yeah but 2023 will be the worst year for gosford's rank like the grade is very unfocused
Lol, you never know boi. They can be focused when they are in senior year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)