Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (1 Viewer)

kkk579

hello
HSC
also does every school have to do it or schools that want their students to participate in it have to register for it? if it’s the latter then i doubt my school would do it

specificagent1

HSC
also does every school have to do it or schools that want their students to participate in it have to register for it? if it’s the latter then i doubt my school would do it
"This test is mandatory for NSW government schools and optional for non-government schools. Tests are marked externally."

Scimat

HSC
Is it also compulsory in year 10?. Btw what do level of maths do you guys think Girraween hs is at in year 10 cos my school is very behind at maths and I wanna catch up

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Is it also compulsory in year 10?. Btw what do level of maths do you guys think Girraween hs is at in year 10 cos my school is very behind at maths and I wanna catch up
I don't go to a full selective school, but I would think that girraween would have an option for accelerating math, and basically when you accelerate math, u study 1 year ahead (this is what I have heard from friends). Im not sure if in girraween accelerating math is mandatory or optional tho

Scimat

HSC
I don't go to a full selective school, but I would think that girraween would have an option for accelerating math, and basically when you accelerate math, u study 1 year ahead (this is what I have heard from friends). Im not sure if in girraween accelerating math is mandatory or optional tho
Don't think it's mandatory. But for the normal class that isn't accelerated, what level of maths would a selective with similar ranking be at? Im so nervous

kkk579

hello
HSC
girraween doesn’t have accelerated math i don’t think

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
girraween doesn’t have accelerated math i don’t think
Im pretty sure it does bc bonnyrigg actually has a class for people who wish to accelerate math, and if bonnyrigg hs has it, girraween should have the option aswell

kkk579

hello
HSC
Im pretty sure it does bc bonnyrigg actually has a class for people who wish to accelerate math, and if bonnyrigg hs has it, girraween should have the option aswell
lol no that’s not how it works. james ruse doesn’t have accelerated math but theyre the best school in sydney

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
lol no that’s not how it works. james ruse doesn’t have accelerated math but theyre the best school in sydney
What? Bruh, whats the point of a partial selective having the option then, that's weird

specificagent1

HSC
"This test is optional for schools with Year 10 students. Schools with students in Year 10 can participate by registering their full cohort. Teachers of the registered schools will participate in five hours of professional learning and then mark the extended response tasks for their school."

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Idk how it is but for here they only run accelerated if enough people are willing to do it + they're actually competent. My cohort couldnt be f'd last year so there wasn't anyone doing accelerated but now everyone regrets not doing it.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Yeah I go to Ngo and son's for maths and uplift for english. But I only joined like a month and a half ago so I missed out on a lot of work.
You have quite some time before you start at girraween, approximately 4 months, during the 4 months time, I recommend revising(if u need to) yr 9 math and have a head start with yr 10 math. Some resources include math online, past papers on
https://kinrosscollege.wa.edu.au/student-education/curriculum-resources/past-student-exams/, and some textbooks

joe mama

HSC
does anyone know what the valid exam consists of and what i can do to prepare for it?? or is it easy that it’s not worth preparing for?? what will the qs be like? do u think that theyll cancel it coz of lockdown
it's easy, not worth preparing for. it's an online exam- multiple choice and some short answers so i dont think they will cancel it
the qns are random trust me u cant study for them lol
im sure youre smart and capable so u will do fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)