selective high schools and UAI's (1 Viewer)

star*eyed

HSC
I go to a selective high school. My rankings are alrite but sometimes im like 40/80 in maths. Cause my rankings are lower will that effect my UAI. Cause i was thinking if i went to a non selective high school, i may be ranked higher??? does our ranking scale to other schools aswell??

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
It is quite natural to feel that, since you're in a selective school, your rank would be higher in a non-selective school.

But that really wouldn't make any difference, since the grade rankings are aligned to the final HSC Exam marls your grade as a whole receives.

If you want any encouragement, last year 8 out of the top 10 schools in NSW were selective (and even then, private schools only occupied the 8th and 10th positions), so you're most likely to get the best education at a selective school (even though private schools say otherwise)

Last edited:

Jaydels

HSC
Your rankings are important, but from my understanding, marks in the hsc are also scaled according to how your school group performs in the exams. So I guess it all works out fair in the end

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Rankings are important. However, being at a selective school would usually mean the class would do better overall than a public school. So, after the moderation procedure it should end up fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)