Selective Highschool placement! (1 Viewer)

knxd

HSC
Hello!:biggrin:

I'm currently trying to get into girraween, or Normanhurst,
can anyone who has done the past test or got into these schools advice me on the tests, and other information i should know to get a edge from the other students

I have been lurking these threads all nights and have gathered some information, and would be grateful if you could provide me on some background information!

but I dont have a very good report :angryfire: because i only started caring about my education recently, well i'm really desperate now to get into these schools, and please tell me what kind of tests they had, im willing to study anything at this moment!

THANKS I NEED THIS

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
What year are you in? When I did the test back in year 6 it was moreso a logic-based test in most aspects. You do need to be good at maths/english as well but a lot of the questions aren't exactly rote learning related.

knxd

HSC
Year 10 at the moment.
I tried the selective test at year6 -failed

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well good luck OP, most selective schools will care about your report. Got any good extracurriculars to make up for it?

They are both very good selectives-rank 17 and 24 I believe?

knxd

HSC
thanks! for extracurricular i did cadets(lol), basketball andd tennis.. and battle of the minds tournaments and some science tournament thing..
can someone who did the ACER test for girra or normahurst please me what i need to revise for.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Don't forget about the interview, (they should have an interview), get in there, be polite, confident, and show them you're switched on.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
thanks! for extracurricular i did cadets(lol), basketball andd tennis.. and battle of the minds tournaments and some science tournament thing..
can someone who did the ACER test for girra or normahurst please me what i need to revise for.
Did you get in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)