Selective School Entry 2022 (1 Viewer)

hstb_

HSC
hey guys sorry for all these questions but i rlly am clueless (as seen in my name lol) but i heard that while accepting baulko looks at what school u come from and my school isnt that great i go to Blacktown girls so do u think this may reduce my chances of getting in
no thats not true, i came from a ranked 400ish school

laterz laterz

HSC
hey guys sorry for all these questions but i rlly am clueless (as seen in my name lol) but i heard that while accepting baulko looks at what school u come from and my school isnt that great i go to Blacktown girls so do u think this may reduce my chances of getting in
it's a partially selective school so I think that's decent enough for getting into Baulko (good grades and extra-curriculars are also very important)

hstb_

HSC
by the way guys i heard that girra is good for students who want to medicine or science cuz apparently they focus on science and they are ranked first or something.
is this true??
hmmm yeah they focus on sciences but to go into med you need good ucat+good atar+ successful interview which means going to girra doesnt make a difference for example if you get a 99.9 ATAR at penrith with 99 percentile ucat

hstb_

HSC
it's a partially selective school so I think that's decent enough for getting into Baulko (good grades and extra-curriculars are also very important)
yeah just have loads of extracurricular, good grades , lots of awards academically/sport/etc and your chances of getting in is quite high. However i was the only comprehensive transfer out of 6. All others were from selective and private

cathy_2

HSC
I dont recommend moving schools.... moving to nsg is like the worst decision ever.... especially in year11. its just a whole load of extra uneccesarry stress.
Wait I'm also a transfer to nsg in yr 11 this yr ... do I know you?

cathy_2

HSC
Don't provoke this idiot.

Anyways, do you find nsg good or not?
AHA lol yea it's pretty good everyone's nice and welcoming, I did have a couple of people I knew before going so it made transitioning easier. There's also a lot of extra-curriculars open to everyone so it's easier to get involved with the school.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
AHA lol yea it's pretty good everyone's nice and welcoming, I did have a couple of people I knew before going so it made transitioning easier. There's also a lot of extra-curriculars open to everyone so it's easier to get involved with the school.
You better be on the prefects page. Best way to extort congratulate someone.

fairy<3

HSC
Hey I got accepted into penrith and baulko last yr, reserve for Girra and if you have any questions feel free to pm me. If youre going to apply for a school that has HAST as a requirement you will have to sit it no matter what preference you put the school in. Your grades are decent and you might as well apply for all 3 as Girra/Penrith shares results meaning you just have to sit HAST at one school. To give you an idea of how my application was like, I did 3 clubs/societies including SRC and SRC, duke and debating are definitely really good. However you should try to join a few more if your school offers more. When it came to awards/grades i had a few distinctions in AMC and ICAS and other comps, top10% math Olympiad, Tournament of mind winner/merit ,zone sport award, rank 1 in 4 courses, dux, scholarship award, all A report with 1 B. In short you definitely have a chance and none of the schools are out of reach even tho baulko may be tougher as theyre based off supporting docs only. Try to get all A's for semester 1 and get involved with more extracurricular your school offers/ or volunteer in the community . Buy the ACER scholarship and HAST sample paper and try them out, do loads of reading comprehension/abstract reasoning /numerical reasoning questions, practice writing argumentative, expository, persuasive, creative, discursive essays under time limit and you should be well prepared for HAST (well thats what i did and it helped a lot). I also have a lot of resources/textbooks i used to practice for HAST, pm me if you want them.

Regarding the phs website question, It just means you sit HAST at your first preference HAST school, e.g you put Baulko at preference 1, penrith 2, girra 3, you will be sitting HAST at Penrith but the test results will be shared with Girra at the same time

Hope this helped, good luck!:)
hey do you mind sending me ur resources??

Scimat

HSC
Hey I got accepted into penrith and baulko last yr, reserve for Girra and if you have any questions feel free to pm me. If youre going to apply for a school that has HAST as a requirement you will have to sit it no matter what preference you put the school in. Your grades are decent and you might as well apply for all 3 as Girra/Penrith shares results meaning you just have to sit HAST at one school. To give you an idea of how my application was like, I did 3 clubs/societies including SRC and SRC, duke and debating are definitely really good. However you should try to join a few more if your school offers more. When it came to awards/grades i had a few distinctions in AMC and ICAS and other comps, top10% math Olympiad, Tournament of mind winner/merit ,zone sport award, rank 1 in 4 courses, dux, scholarship award, all A report with 1 B. In short you definitely have a chance and none of the schools are out of reach even tho baulko may be tougher as theyre based off supporting docs only. Try to get all A's for semester 1 and get involved with more extracurricular your school offers/ or volunteer in the community . Buy the ACER scholarship and HAST sample paper and try them out, do loads of reading comprehension/abstract reasoning /numerical reasoning questions, practice writing argumentative, expository, persuasive, creative, discursive essays under time limit and you should be well prepared for HAST (well thats what i did and it helped a lot). I also have a lot of resources/textbooks i used to practice for HAST, pm me if you want them.

Regarding the phs website question, It just means you sit HAST at your first preference HAST school, e.g you put Baulko at preference 1, penrith 2, girra 3, you will be sitting HAST at Penrith but the test results will be shared with Girra at the same time

Hey do you mind sending me your resources as well

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC

hello, could u send me ur resources/textbooks for HAST pls :)

wzsmartypants

HSC
Selective schools do the HAST test so there are lesser chance ppl will be able to prepare for them

kkk579

hello
HSC
Selective schools do the HAST test so there are lesser chance ppl will be able to prepare for them
yeah it’s quite difficult to prep for. it’s just a measure of your iq really, the qs will be extremely unexpected so preparing for them will be difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)