Self-taken HDTV screenshot thread (large image warning) (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
riteo, from what i can gather for ps3 its up to the developer of the game to add the upscaling feature.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
riteo, from what i can gather for ps3 its up to the developer of the game to add the upscaling feature.
Yes, but that's only for game released since mid 2007. Also, they won't be upscaled by default: you have to go through your display options and uncheck all the other resolutions which is also incredibly annoying if you have games that don't support the upscaling feature.

Really poor functionality, imo. PS2 games upscale quite well, so i dont know why ps3 games can't be (e.g. those people in the thread said they look worse when upscaled).

blakegman

HSC
N/A
My PS3 automatically sets it to the best resolution if that's the right word

So GTAIV is 780p from memory.

Though i think the tv can do 1080p, at least 1080i

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nah it sets it to the native resolution of the game. If you deselect 720p for GTAIV then it'll upscale it to 1080p (probably). However, that requires you going back in and reenabling 720p after playing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok massive bioshock post after re-calibration. opinions/advice people? first pic is my favourite ive taken thus far. pure photorealism, imo.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
some crappy screenies from me. MGS4.

need to get to a better / brighter level.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stazi said:
are you using sports mode on your camera?
hm digi camera is pretty old so i'm not sure if it'll have a sports mode.

but i'll play around with the settings.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hi guys. Could you please be brutally honest with how the below pics look. Yesterday I was in my TV's system menu and accidentally calibrated my HDMI port (which completely screwed up the settings). I had to download a checkerboard pattern for the 360 and recalibrate it. However, it most certainly looks different to before. I'm not sure if that's in a good or bad way?

An example of the changes made upon recalibration of the port is clear when running the halo 3 TV calibration disc. Previously even at 100 contrast the image was visible. Now at 95 the image becomes visible. Brightness had to be increased. Colours seem to be much more intense (e.g. Bioshock health bar reds are redder).

Pics below. Have I completely screwed up my TV or made it better? First two are before/after:

Before;

After:

HalcyonSky

HSC
looks much better dude

wish i could take screenshots :( sadly im going to sacrifice the hdmi quality for ease of access once i get the vga cable i ordered. atm im using the hdmi connection on my monitor for both my xbox and computer, so i have to keep switching the cables around whenever i want to use one or the other

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you could get an HDMI switch. I highly recommend an HDMI cable for the 360. Makes a huge difference, imo.

HalcyonSky

HSC
got my vga cable, is good being able to have my comp and xbox on at the same time but the quality difference really is noticeable. I'll def look into getting a hdmi switch

stazi

Nightman
HSC
with vga do you currently have the display settings set to extended on your 360 dash?

HalcyonSky

HSC
stazi said:
with vga do you currently have the display settings set to extended on your 360 dash?
they were set to standard - i just changed to expanded then

HalcyonSky

HSC
yeah it does look a bit better, the only problem i have is that when i move around the walls look kind of, er, glittery. Kind of hard to describe without screenshots.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
That could be some post processing feature on your TV. What settings are you using?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol i'm an incredible retard. turns out I adjusted the G-offset white level 10pts below what it was meant to be. Looks much better now :D Yay! The statue in bioshock was way too red in my photo. Whilst it looks better from a photography standpoint (closer to the statue), the colours actually look correct given the surroundings. Too much of a red push

Now it looks perfect:
Before

After

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
halcyon, if you're using a pc monitor, microsoft announced at e3 that with the dashboard update there will be specific support for monitor resolutions. should be able to optimise the picture when that update comes

stazi

Nightman
HSC
he's not though. I think he said that he's using a TV which only has 1 HDMI port, which is being used for his PC at present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)