Sem 2 2006 results (1 Viewer)

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
darkliight said:
Nice one.

Found out today I definitly passed linear alg. Still no idea what mark I got though.
how did you find that out?? I was really worried that i failed linear alg. last year..

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
mrbassman said:
lol

"Hello <<first name of lecturer>>

I know it is early but i need to notify my boss of my marks so i can be paid my semester allowance. If its not too much trouble could you email me my preliminary mark so i can get him off my back.

Cheers"

too easy, always works
The only one I really want to know is applicable, since I think I failed it. Then again, if I never even hear the subject mentioned again I'd be only too happy, so fuck it. Will keep that in mind though :D

clive said:
how did you find that out?? I was really worried that i failed linear alg. last year..
Aiden is helping us for this summer research thing so I hit him up about it today, he said he couldn't give me the mark but I went fine, so /shrug.

Last edited:

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
you didn't like applicable? :p.. i think i must have been the only one in the class who liked it. what summer research are you doing?

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
I liked the topics, just seemed like the teaching was a "cut'n'paste important looking bits out of some cryptic textbook" sort of job.

Then, no matter how much effort I put into learning the stuff for the tests I only managed 1 'decent' mark. Just wasn't happening for me, so by the time the final came around I was bloody over it :p I think I was the first to leave the final exam too, which is never a good thing.

/rant off

Doing something about dynamical symbolics with david and aiden. Only started it today so I don't really know what the deal is yet, but already enjoying it.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
I really liked game theory, I wish that they offered a whole course in it.
I wasn't too much of a fan of the other parts of topics though.

what the hell is dynamical symbolics anyway?. . .moving symbols?? sounds kind of interesting/hard

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
I think they do game theory in some second year subject too, but it's probably only an intro too.

Yeah we've done a bit of stuff like that, different ways it can be done, then hints that it can be used to model real world stuff.

It has a coding theory / automata / turing machine feel to it. It hasn't had a chance to get too hard yet, but interesting so far ... even with the coding theory feel to it :p

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
smart people in this thread?... no way :p

now, to post something constructive, here is the link that you all will hit a thousand times a minute starting from 1:50pm monday: http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/exams/index.cfm

Any bets on how long it will take to get results this year?

I will be at work so i guess i will have to wait till i get home before i can do my part in murdering the server

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I can't really remember the marks I was sitting on going into the final exams but I will take a guess:

ACFI3140: International Finance 70 C (I didn't finish the final exam)
ACFI3190: Financial Institutions Risk Management 72 C (I didn't finish the final exam)
ECON3220: Money and Finance 75 D
ECON3230: Financial Economics 82 D

I needed an average of at least 80.00 this semester for my WAM to remain at 80.00 so it looks like that goal went out the window. At least I will graduate with a distinction average:).

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I'll be moving back up to a distinction average this semester... yay for me :D

Yeah, I had no social life this semester

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
i dreamed about my marks last night. According to my dream, my WAM will drop by 0.62 :( .. could drop by more though

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
thats how much i expect mine to drop too clive, unfortunately thats far enough to say goodbye to free beer night. guess i'll have to be a guest or go for frat :D

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
If my WAM manages to stay afloat you can come along with me and drink all you can drink and eat all you can eat and just be dickheads like we were this year

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
knowing engineers, probably not.
Maths faculty is damn stingy :p a letter is all they give us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)