Semester 1 2012 Timetables! (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm, that's quite a walk. But it's down the stairs so it'll be easier for you.

ManjuSaka

HSC
Uni Grad
timetable.jpg

Could someone check mine?

A 5 day timetable!!!!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Some of those walks are interesting. Biomedical to Quadrangle? That's like walking down half the campus, though thankfully down stairs.

The Wednesday 10-11am walk you are going to absolutely love. That's walking up the campus, up stairs.

Chemical Sciences to CLB is also abit of a walk...

Morven Brown to Red Centre is a walk down stairs. That's doable.

Science Theatre to John Clancy is almost as bad as Quadrangle to Biomedical...

I hope you walk up stairs quickly, or, like climbing stairs.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
stop talking about walking
effy, I encourage you to try the Quadrangle to Biomedical walk once... and it's really, really long.

But as a timetable itself, it's not that bad. I don't see the point of "oh no so many hours" because... that's something you can't change. If you're a Commerce student, you get less hours usually than an Engineering student. For whatever degree IamCurium is doing, that's probably a normal load. Now if you're an Arts student with 15 hours a week contact, or a Science student with less than 10 hours a week of contact hours... then you might be doing it wrong.

acemusic415

HSC

I'm a bit concerned regarding the walk between Mathews Theatre to the Law Building and from Morven Brown to the Law Building. Is this do-able? Should I leave like 5 minutes before a lecture to ensure that I make it?

Aside from that, I quite like the fact that I have a three day weekend :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'm a bit concerned regarding the walk between Mathews Theatre to the Law Building and from Morven Brown to the Law Building. Is this do-able? Should I leave like 5 minutes before a lecture to ensure that I make it?

Aside from that, I quite like the fact that I have a three day weekend :D
Mathews to Law is fine, that's just a bit of a distance but there's no stairs.

Morven Brown to Law is... quite far.

My advice to people is to really just try the walks themselves during O-Week or even at any time, the university is always open.

For some people, long walks are fine - but for me... I'm horribly unfit so even the walk from the CLB to the Science Theatre was a bit of a stretch for me.

acemusic415

HSC
Will this be a disadvantage of any sort? I don't mind walking and it will be better once I adjust. Will I miss my next lecture if I don't leave earlier? (I'm only asking, cos I might not be their at O-Week, have to help my brother settle in, in Melbourne Uni)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Not really, it's just that you might get annoyed with the walking.

What'll mostly end up happening is that you don't get to pick a seat in your next lecture because you're (comparatively) late.

You'll probably just miss, if anything, the welcome from the lecturer. 9 times out of 10 you probably won't miss any content.

But if you dawdle, you might possibly.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad

Here's mine. I hate feeling rushed so I split everything. I'm a bit apprehensive about the four hour break, but I guess it's better than just coming in for an hour or two on another day when a return trip = 3 hours anyway... I'd probably feel more inclined to skip.

I got in late though, two classes I wanted filled while I was deciding on the others :(

Attachments

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Here's mine. I hate feeling rushed so I split everything. I'm a bit apprehensive about the four hour break, but I guess it's better than just coming in for an hour or two on another day when a return trip = 3 hours anyway... I'd probably feel more inclined to skip.

I got in late though, two classes I wanted filled while I was deciding on the others :(
That's nice. For your four hour break, you can do lots of things. Study, go walkabout along Anzac Parade... lots of things. Sleep in the library, even.

jasonn

HSC

damn, for a 12hr week, that is one ugly timetable

acemusic415

HSC
Not really, it's just that you might get annoyed with the walking.

What'll mostly end up happening is that you don't get to pick a seat in your next lecture because you're (comparatively) late.

You'll probably just miss, if anything, the welcome from the lecturer. 9 times out of 10 you probably won't miss any content.

But if you dawdle, you might possibly.
Are there any shortcuts I can take? Anything that can help me get there quicker?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
That's nice. For your four hour break, you can do lots of things. Study, go walkabout along Anzac Parade... lots of things. Sleep in the library, even.
Hopefully I'll find a way to entertain myself... without losing track of time and going home, haha.

damn, for a 12hr week, that is one ugly timetable
14 hours! Haha, don't want anything back to back, but yeah, I wasn't expecting people to be so eager... most of the lectures I considered were only ~20 places from being full last night... not including the 3 MGMT lectures that were already full D:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hopefully I'll find a way to entertain myself... without losing track of time and going home, haha.
Hang out with friends. That's always a good start.

Drink sorrows away at the Unibar. Partake in overzealous gluttony at the food court.

There'll be plenty to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)