Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Semester 1 Chatter

I saw Quah as well, handing out flyers before my gov lecture

but alas, no stas outside merewether when i was there

lozzie17

HSC

Does anyone have a deadline to have read any books etc by that you aren't going to/can't be bothered making!?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

lozzie17 said:
Does anyone have a deadline to have read any books etc by that you aren't going to/can't be bothered making!?
most probably after week 5, i'll stop doing my two english subjects' tute and lecture readings. i'll only read the texts that are short...and that I'm choosing to do my assignment and exam on. that said, i will try to continue doing my readings...but it almost always never happens.

i'll also never bring in this massive brick of an anthology, after carrying it around all day today and not needing it in my tute. NEVER AGAIN!

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

Today was so fantastic.
I understood an ECMT lecture; I grew to love Accounting; and I saw an LJ friend out a bus window at Railway Sq. Tomorrow - if she's there - I'll grab her sexyness.

Generator

HSC
N/A

Everyone - turn off your bloody phone when you are in a class, or at the very least run a silent profile and keep it in your bag. There is nothing more annoying than having to listen to a phone ring as the person rushes to turn it off, except for a phone that vibrates on the bloody desk.

Thank you.

hysteria

HSC

Giuseppe kicked some guy out the other day in CLAW1001 because he was talking on the phone during the lecture...

cimbom

HSC

Tig advised us to show courtesy both within the university and in outside life. He told us a story about seeing a film with his wife when someone made a call in the cinema... and then a story about some lecturer at UTS that smashes phones when they ring in lectures... stories.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC

had a nice 15 min sleep in ECMT1001 today. good sleep catch up.

at least the interesting-ness of new stuff, like variance, coefficient of variance, correlation of variance...where mildy interesting as to keep me awake.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC

brogan77 said:
I had a bag of Red Rock Deli Sea Salt chips for lunch at Uni, togay...true story.
oooooooooooooooooooh red rock deli chips...love em! favourite is honey chicken and soy. yum yum :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC

Mountain.Dew said:
at least the interesting-ness of new stuff, like variance, coefficient of variance, correlation of variance...where mildy interesting as to keep me awake.
That sounds like stats. How can that be interesting?

HSC
N/A

today i had a tute and I met this 3rd yr who is repeating this course
and she was like..."we have a group assignment coming, can I work with u?" at the end of the tute.
I thought "damn! it sucks cuz she probably wants me to do all the work....cuz I seriously looked very geeky in that class, I did so much for the assignment and answered lots of qs in class...and I looked all excited about the course, etc...nerves...all those stuff...made me seem like I'm fucking hard working..." besides, she didn't do her assignment due for today...and she said it's not important that's why she didn't do it...so that's why I think she's probably the slack off type...DAMN...when she asked me to be pairing up with her in the future assignment I was trying to change the topic (cuz I SUCK at rejecting) but then ....I said sure...plz tell me what I'm gonna do now...I don't know anyone else in the tute and they all look like they knew someone else...should I just grab someone else and say "lets be partners"?....I really don't want to be too quickly to judge someone (saying that person is a slack off) but seriously...This has happened a lot to me before...I've had a group assignment where others (3 of them) did nothing
You sound like a complete push-over. You've gotta stick up for yourself, woman! This girl cant be completely useless. She's done this subject before, and I doubt she plans to repeat it a third time. So be up front with her. Find out what her strengths are and exploit them, tell her yours. Talk to her!

Generator

HSC
N/A

You'd think that if you were repeating a course that you would do all that you could to not make the same mistakes again and fail the unit for a second time. Dump her, if you can.

HSC
N/A

Latvia, I was a bit like you when I was younger. But I think you need to get a bit more aggressive if you want to do well, socially and academically (my opinion).
1. People won't respect you any more if you act like a push over. They may think you're really smart, but unless you're doing a friend a massive favour, they are most likely using you.
2. Doing stuff for people on top of your workload can be detrimental to your own marks. You sound like you care about education, so remember to put yourself first. Just ask yourself if the people you're doing this for would ever return such a favour...answer = no.
3. you sound like u have low self-esteem. Try to work on that. Successful people tend to be assertive and proactive. It's very difficult to move forward when you're being dragged behind by your team mates.

*yawn*...another rant. Bottom line is, dont take shit.

Generator

HSC
N/A

latvia said:
...what ur saying is that...she will try not to make the same mistakes again (not to fail the second time) but then u said...dump her? What do u mean..:confused:
No, I said that if you were repeating a course that it would make sense to do all that you could to ensure that you didn't fail it again. Given that she has already skipped an assignment (however minor it may be), it's clear that she isn't being sensible and that she may well be on the road to another fail. That's why you should dump her.

Edit: I'm assuming that the assignment wasn't assessable given that it's only the second week, but the fact that she skipped it is still something that you should consider.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

Good on ya. You can be covert and say something like "Well, I think you'd be really good at this section of the assessment," compliments are good.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

The_Apprentice said:
Good on ya. You can be covert and say something like "Well, I think you'd be really good at this section of the assessment," compliments are good.
Gosh why don't you just lick eachother out?

I'm going to pick a fight with someone in my ECON tute on Frigay 'cause I hate economics. I might use the term 'turdburger'...R.I.P. Peter 'Oils' Garret.

lozzie17

HSC

Anyone go to subski? was it any good

lozzie17

HSC

Not sure how you sign up, but you could have gone to the party tonight even if you werent a member (thats what I was told, I could be wrong.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Wolfowitz said:
Gosh why don't you just lick eachother out?

I'm going to pick a fight with someone in my ECON tute on Frigay 'cause I hate economics. I might use the term 'turdburger'...R.I.P. Peter 'Oils' Garret.
i wanna meet j00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)