Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
yeah so she cancelled the lecture. email came 30 mins before the actual lecture when everyone already fucking left home. seriously, wtf is her problem. if she knew she wouldnt be in her other lecture, why couldnt she send us an email. i went to bed late doing her piece of shit essay, and hoping to ask her questions in the lecture since she "Can't email back".

So, now everyone has no clue what they're meant to be doing. If I get a shit mark I'm going to complain to the head of school based on:
* Her academic referencing style which is completely made up. If she used that style, no one would publish her articles
* Her constant value judgments in lectures
* Her lack of supporting evidence for her claims
* Her inability to express viewpoints conflicting with her own: this is academia, you can't just ignore the opposition!
* Her errors in the UoS outline, which include spelling errors, assignment due dates, and the percentages they are worth
* Her conflicting expectations: e.g. present an annotated bibliography, without actually doing an annotated bibliography or making your presentation in that format
* Including the bibliography in a small word count, for a broad topic. Effectively this penalises students for having done more research and not basing their arguments on conjecture
* Her excuse for not emailing us with lecture notes or responding to our questions. She is right handed and can write on the board with her arm, and on feedback sheets. However, why can't she occasionally send out a brief email?
* The lack of warning for lecture cancellations

/end rant
Yes.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Yeah breaking your wrist doesn't mean you can just not do anything.

You have two hands for a reason. It might take twice as long, but you can type with one hand.

Watch me type with one hand. Woo!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

i can masturbate with one hand, therefore she can type with one hand

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Yeah.

I knew a guy with one arm who was allowed to belay at rockclimbing.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
yeah so she cancelled the lecture. email came 30 mins before the actual lecture when everyone already fucking left home. seriously, wtf is her problem. if she knew she wouldnt be in her other lecture, why couldnt she send us an email. i went to bed late doing her piece of shit essay, and hoping to ask her questions in the lecture since she "Can't email back".

So, now everyone has no clue what they're meant to be doing. If I get a shit mark I'm going to complain to the head of school based on:
* Her academic referencing style which is completely made up. If she used that style, no one would publish her articles
* Her constant value judgments in lectures
* Her lack of supporting evidence for her claims
* Her inability to express viewpoints conflicting with her own: this is academia, you can't just ignore the opposition!
* Her errors in the UoS outline, which include spelling errors, assignment due dates, and the percentages they are worth
* Her conflicting expectations: e.g. present an annotated bibliography, without actually doing an annotated bibliography or making your presentation in that format
* Including the bibliography in a small word count, for a broad topic. Effectively this penalises students for having done more research and not basing their arguments on conjecture
* Her excuse for not emailing us with lecture notes or responding to our questions. She is right handed and can write on the board with her arm, and on feedback sheets. However, why can't she occasionally send out a brief email?
* The lack of warning for lecture cancellations

/end rant
GO STAZ!!!!!!!
Honestly, I knew she was going to cancel it, but I still rocked up hoping the lecture was still on, because as you said, WE NEED CLARIFICATION! What do I find out when I get there, a whol bunch of other people bitching about how no one knows whats going on GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I'm soooo angry!

amber44

HSC

bazookajoe said:
omg stas please do this
How are you finding the essay? I'm basically going to do what Stazi said. I reckon, aslong as I justify it and frame the question around my area of discussion, I should get a HD hehe.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC

still haven't started, it's not even 10pm yet

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
GO STAZ!!!!!!!
Honestly, I knew she was going to cancel it, but I still rocked up hoping the lecture was still on, because as you said, WE NEED CLARIFICATION! What do I find out when I get there, a whol bunch of other people bitching about how no one knows whats going on GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I'm soooo angry!
lol you spoke to me today didn't you?

in other news, I got my international marketing case study assignment back today. Average mark was 11/20 :s was so nervous, and when i saw my paper I only got 78.5%, so was all sitting there depressed (as I need to keep up my HD average in marketing to get $3k at the end of the year). Then a girl next to me is like "oh wow. congrats"

Turns out it was 18.5/20, not 78.5%. Yayz.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
lol you spoke to me today didn't you?

in other news, I got my international marketing case study assignment back today. Average mark was 11/20 :s was so nervous, and when i saw my paper I only got 78.5%, so was all sitting there depressed (as I need to keep up my HD average in marketing to get $3k at the end of the year). Then a girl next to me is like "oh wow. congrats"

Turns out it was 18.5/20, not 78.5%. Yayz.
Congrats! Nah I didn't see you today, I'm going by what you said last night.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

I had my first Stazi sighting today. He was at the E&B building sitting on the floor with his laptop outside one of the labs.

What a handsome man.

Confirm/Deny ?

amber44

HSC

blakegman said:
I had my first Stazi sighting today. He was at the E&B building sitting on the floor with his laptop outside one of the labs.

What a handsome man.

Confirm/Deny ?
Oh confirm! He's such a nice guy. I had a friend who stayed back at the little meet up outside the lecture theatre, and although she doesn't know who Stas is, she described him to me, and said he was sooo nice. Giving everyone some advice etc! Champion!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

if anyone else is doing govt2119, the mid-sem results are up on blackboard. (she's hidden them away under 'lecture outlines' for some reason.) average was 64, median was 66.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A

amber44 said:
Oh confirm! He's such a nice guy. I had a friend who stayed back at the little meet up outside the lecture theatre, and although she doesn't know who Stas is, she described him to me, and said he was sooo nice. Giving everyone some advice etc! Champion!
I didn't get a chance to talk to him as i was in rush to get to a tutorial, but it's definately on my to do before i die list.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

blakegman said:

What a handsome man.

Confirm/Deny ?
yep, I saw you too. You had a shirt on. And you were outside the labs for ages.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
yep, I saw you too. You had a shirt on. And you were outside the labs for ages.
Probably wasnt me, i had a red and black jacket and black shirt and only walked by, i wasn't out their for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)