Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I for one am just hoping to pass my exams... not everyone is a study freak... :p
bullshit

kokodamonkey

HSC

i got german on thurs which i obviously care about because that extends beyond the end of the exam. but claw tomorrow is meh. I Reckon Giuseppe is awesome but he doesnt do any of the other units so im not taking anymore. shame.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Triangulum said:
we just have some horror ones from the 60s and 70s (eg carslaw, chemistry and all the engineering buildings).
Don't knock it 'til you've used it pal. It's one of the most practical and well laid out buildings I've ever seen. Fantastic for the chemistry student! :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

who did chem2404 today

seriously. what.

they bell curve 2nd year chem dont they

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Yes they do.

So what, they changed the exam or something? Crap - that means that they're probably going to change the format of the 2401 exam too! :(

Who were the lecturers for that subject?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Yes they do.

So what, they changed the exam or something? Crap - that means that they're probably going to change the format of the 2401 exam too! :(

Who were the lecturers for that subject?
Um, Warr, Maschamyer, Masters and Harrowell.

They didn't change the exam, they made it really, bloody hard.

Felt like random questions were being asked. 2007 and 2006 were so much easier. i.e. making us analyse a E(V)-pE diagram when they've only ever shown us a pE-pH diagram.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Rightio, those lecturers sound shit (Warr & Harrowell in particular), so I'll never do that subject.

You should have done 2401 - great lecturers and fairly easy. Although if they make the 2401 exam hard/different, I'll take that back. :(

Don't do 2402 though, it's terrible.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Tony Masters was probably the worst. Warr is extremely condescending.

I'm doing 2403 next sem which looks good.

I do not want to do 2404 again, c'mon bell curve.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

All the physical chem folks that I've had, except Scott Kable (who is a hero), are condescending. Especially Harrowell, who is an ass, who I yelled at/about quite audibly in the physical chemistry labs last year ("That man is a douchebag").

I'm also doing 2403. Rutledge is my favourite lecturer so his part of the course should be pretty awesome.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Have you had Adrian George? He's the best lecturer ever. And I've had Scott Kable too.

Who's taking 2403?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Adrian George seems like a pretty hilarious guy, given the ties that he wears, but no I've never had him sadly. I don't think he takes any senior classes either. :(

Scott Kable is one of the funnier and more interesting people in the school of chem I reckon. Friendly too. After a tutorial one day I asked him a question and he started talking about my hair and under what conditions it would fluoresce.

The lecturers last year (and I assume this year too) for 2403 were Peter Rutledge, Ron Clark, and Peter Lay. I've only ever had Rutledge, who's my favourite of all time, but I think that Clarke's a bit of a tool based on the physical chem labs last year, when he marched in and told everyone to get off the computers at 5pm sharp.

A High Way Man said:
do u chem ppl do QM, ill Kill
Depending on my marks this semester, I'll probably do senior quantum chemistry. No chance in hell I'll be spending more time in the physical labs than I have to though. Organic ftw! :D

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

goony said:
That electrical engineering building is depressing as hell...especially the labs.
lol the labs look like they're from that movie the dish

kokodamonkey

HSC

i am randomly going to inject myself into a conversation i have no obvious part in.

CurlyRuby

HSC

kokodamonkey said:
i am randomly going to inject myself into a conversation i have no obvious part in.
Me too.
Thanks for the in KM, one useful thing you've done in the sum total of your existance.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I have nothing useful to add to this thread, but posting anyway.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Woo pointless poasts.

My St George visa debit arrived today. Nuts to you, ANZ!

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
Adrian George seems like a pretty hilarious guy, given the ties that he wears, but no I've never had him sadly. I don't think he takes any senior classes either. :(

Scott Kable is one of the funnier and more interesting people in the school of chem I reckon. Friendly too. After a tutorial one day I asked him a question and he started talking about my hair and under what conditions it would fluoresce.

The lecturers last year (and I assume this year too) for 2403 were Peter Rutledge, Ron Clark, and Peter Lay. I've only ever had Rutledge, who's my favourite of all time, but I think that Clarke's a bit of a tool based on the physical chem labs last year, when he marched in and told everyone to get off the computers at 5pm sharp.

Depending on my marks this semester, I'll probably do senior quantum chemistry. No chance in hell I'll be spending more time in the physical labs than I have to though. Organic ftw! :D
I seriously cannot believe how hard the exam was. lol. Fuck I hope I don't fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)