Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
haha yeah, that was me. this is the only SCLG subject I'm taking...ever.

I have a bad feeling that this subject will be overly left-wing, without offering counter-arguments from the other side. I dislike unbalanced subjects.
What was the question, I totally forgot...and seriously there were like 4 or 5 guys in the lecture theatre and none of them were hot....well except you stazi :haha:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

haha :( i sense sarcasm. and im hot. on the inside.

so is nebuzkdsahdaszar or however you say his nickname (if he's in the class).

actually, a few of the other guys looked alright (in the if i was a girl, i would think they're attractive way).

the question was something quite annoying, like why do you think people who attend lectures get better marks. It was so common sense, I thought it was rhetorical at first.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
haha :( i sense sarcasm. and im hot. on the inside.

so is nebuzkdsahdaszar or however you say his nickname (if he's in the class).

actually, a few of the other guys looked alright (in the if i was a girl, i would think they're attractive way).

the question was something quite annoying, like why do you think people who attend lectures get better marks. It was so common sense, I thought it was rhetorical at first.
Oh yeah that's right and then she spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out your name "it's Stus, S.T.U.S." LOL

stazi

Nightman
HSC

hahah yes. although it was stas.

novembre

HSC
N/A

If I were a person who can design a fun UoS, I'd make a class that teaches people how to develop and "let out" their creativity by designing a book full of jokes made by themselves. If I think that their joke(s) were just copied and pasted somewhere, then their marks would be low. They can say "oh, I didn't copy, I just happened to come up with the same joke." It's ok, but they need to think "outside the convention" and make up some original jokes that can surprise people. It's unlikely that, if they try hard, all their jokes would still be typical. And the big assignment would involve producing a small book with about 50 little jokes they made. The final exam would be true or false (with explanation) and short answer. The true/false section is where they have to read a sentence and determine whether it's a joke or not. Then they have to say why they think so. If they disagree with my thoughts, it's alright as long as they make their point clear, give good reasons and are convincing. This develops their imagination (they have to imagine things that are likely to occur when they tell these jokes, for their explanation). The short answer section has 3 scenarios where they are stuck in a very awkward situation after saying some offensive jokes that they didn't realise earlier. The question would require them to write the best remedy for it; ie. what they would do to make up for it, and to turn the situation around, be it tell another joke that 'saves' this awkwardness. This is extremely helpful in real life as you often need to develop a little sense of humour to mingle well with people in society.

amber44

HSC

stazi said:
hahah yes. although it was stas.
Sorry. If you don't mind me asking, why did you pick SCLG, what degree/major are you doing?

p.s. what's with the stupid smiles on this site, half of them don't even work.

HSC
N/A

Silver Persian said:
haha do you have Craig Browne?

I found his lectures very circular and badly structured. And his use of overhead projectors with key words on it, instead of powerpoint, is annoying also.
yeah I agree, he was so annoying and boring. Everything he said was so fragmented. I was at the front and kept pinching myself to stay awake.
I have a bad feeling with this subject.....sounds like a lot of difficult reading etc.

amber44

HSC

The_Apprentice said:
yeah I agree, he was so annoying and boring. Everything he said was so fragmented. I was at the front and kept pinching myself to stay awake.
I have a bad feeling with this subject.....sounds like a lot of difficult reading etc.
Agree, and if the stupid '1 word' overheads are to continue I'm going to hate this! For such a heavy UOS you gotta have something up there for kids to copy down, you can't take in all he's saying at once.

latvia

HSC
N/A

The_Apprentice said:
what do you mean by "fragmented"? you mean..speak a sentence word by word, pausing frequently?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

amber44 said:
Sorry. If you don't mind me asking, why did you pick SCLG, what degree/major are you doing?

p.s. what's with the stupid smiles on this site, half of them don't even work.
i picked it because i thought it'd be relevant to marketing - it looks at audiences (i.e. target markets). Looks like I was wrong. I'm doing B Commerce (Liberal Studies) majoring in marketing and international business. This particular subject also made my timetable quite sexy. Sexy like a fox.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

ECOP1001 = hell
the lecturer is awesome, but I hate anything to do with economics!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I wouldn't really call ECOP economics. It's basically economic history

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

stazi said:
I wouldn't really call ECOP economics. It's basically economic history
The second lecture left a really bad impression on me, lol. I agree anyway, seeing as they're moving it to the faculty of arts (or so I've heard?).

novembre

HSC
N/A

so hot..I still prefer the cold weather

amber44

HSC

novembre said:
so hot..I still prefer the cold weather
I prefer it not too cold that your freezing your buns off, but not too hot that your sweating as a pig just walking to the next lecture around the corner.

neafoo

HSC

amber44 said:
I prefer it not too cold that your freezing your buns off, but not too hot that your sweating as a pig just walking to the next lecture around the corner.
i love it when its REALLY cold :)

neafoo

HSC

novembre said:
Do you want to go to Iceland with me? Or Greenland?
your shout i presume ... ;(?

novembre

HSC
N/A

neafoo said:
your shout i presume ... ;(?
That's if you were my husband. And if I had enough money. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)