Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

markzada said:
I didn't know where the Transient building was today and spent 20 mins looking for it lol i didnt ask any1 tho =)
EDIT: Moral of the story: getting lost and trying to find you own way = fun
That's because it's a shed, not a building. :p

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Mmm. The amount of texts we had to buy was somewhat absurd. Five novels? Crazy.
How was it? =/

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

my lectures were ok today =]
except BIOL1003 .. wow the lecturer seemed so lost.

historykidd

HSC

jayadore said:
How was it? =/
Brennan herself didn't seem too bad.

I don't know about having 4x amount of different lecturers though :/. Is that normal?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

To whoever it was who was complaining yesterday: I quite like the benches on eastern avenue. (Both types.)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

historykidd said:
Brennan herself didn't seem too bad.

I don't know about having 4x amount of different lecturers though :/. Is that normal?
Yeah. It's a good thing too because more often than not, you'll dislike a few of the lecturers.

Anyway, I dropped out of it, lol. The way I see it, ENGL1000 is the easier, cheaper, breezier option and I don't see the benefits of taking 1008 over it. I'm interested in 1007 but uh, several reviews here have scared me off. I'll go to the lecture on Thursday, see how 1000 is and then go back to 1008 if it seems awful.

historykidd

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Yeah. It's a good thing too because more often than not, you'll dislike a few of the lecturers.

Anyway, I dropped out of it, lol. The way I see it, ENGL1000 is the easier, cheaper, breezier option and I don't see the benefits of taking 1008 over it. I'm interested in 1007 but uh, several reviews here have scared me off. I'll go to the lecture on Thursday, see how 1000 is and then go back to 1008 if it seems awful.
Probably a good choice, tell us how 1000 goes.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC

historykidd said:
Probably a good choice, tell us how 1000 goes.
I heard it was very dry content wise, but other than that, ridiculously easy.

Hey Nebuchanezzar, are you scheduled into the thursday 12-1PM lecture then?

kokodamonkey

HSC

had claw1001 today, That Giuseppe guy seems like an alright Lecturer. Though this was my only thing i had today on a monday, so i cant see the value of coming to uni just for 1hour on a monday.. so i might have to skip it, but i will always come to the tuesday one, so i guess that should be okay.. :S

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yeah, Giuseppe is a fantastic lecturer. I recommend not skipping his lectures, as he often gives away what's in the final exam. One lecture we went through the exam question word for word (although we weren't aware it'd eventually be the exam question). Basically, when he asks the lecture room to answer a detailed mock case, then you're sure it'll be in the sexam.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jayadore said:
I heard it was very dry content wise, but other than that, ridiculously easy.

Hey Nebuchanezzar, are you scheduled into the thursday 12-1PM lecture then?
From what I remember from looking at the syllabus last year, it's changed slightly. Seems to be more er, Englishy these days but who knows. Yeah I'm in that lecture. Should be fun! ^_^

KarmaKitten

HSC

I am definately going to have to buy my notes online then.

First day tomorrow woo to double history lectures.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC

kokodamonkey said:
had claw1001 today, That Giuseppe guy seems like an alright Lecturer. Though this was my only thing i had today on a monday, so i cant see the value of coming to uni just for 1hour on a monday.. so i might have to skip it, but i will always come to the tuesday one, so i guess that should be okay.. :S
I had CLAW today as well. I've been reading some heaps good stuff about Giuseppe and the things he discusses in his lectures (i.e. exam hints), so I'm thinking it's one lecture I won't be missing anytime soon.

historykidd

HSC

Alright I think this one review has propelled me to ENGL1000 :/

---

In Dreams of Speaking, Alice Black is a young Australian woman who has come to Paris to end a relationship with her lover and to write a book. The book is to be titled The Poetics of Modernity and is to be a treatise on the aesthetic beauty of modern devices of transportation. In Paris, though, she finds herself lonely and adrift, unaware that her sister back home has been diagnosed with cancer. Alice meets Mr. Sakomoto, a survivor of the Nagasaki atomic bomb who is writing a book about Alexander Graham Bell. This unlikely couple create an intense friendship, sharing their love for modes of transportation and communication.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

claw1001 is the only subject i've had where the lectures were still packed by semester's end.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

cucum3rs said:
I had CLAW today as well. I've been reading some heaps good stuff about Giuseppe and the things he discusses in his lectures (i.e. exam hints), so I'm thinking it's one lecture I won't be missing anytime soon.
lol...you like cum.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

woah, this Eastern Avenue talk is a coincidence, i had somebody ask me where eastern avenue lecture theatre was today, so it must confuse quite a few

kokodamonkey

HSC

stazi said:
yeah, Giuseppe is a fantastic lecturer. I recommend not skipping his lectures, as he often gives away what's in the final exam. One lecture we went through the exam question word for word (although we weren't aware it'd eventually be the exam question). Basically, when he asks the lecture room to answer a detailed mock case, then you're sure it'll be in the sexam.
i know he seems like a great guy its just im going to have to put all this effort in to come on a monday just for him.. then again it is Giuseppe so maybe its worth it..

stazi

Nightman
HSC

just make Monday your study day: stay back after your lecture and do all your readings in the study centre

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

stazi said:
just make Monday your study day: stay back after your lecture and do all your readings in the study centre
dont tell ppl wot to do u bad man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)