Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'll have to check it out. GRRR, why is it designed the way it is? Why are there random corrodors jutting off to a whole bunch of rooms, it just seems soo illogical.
Idk lol I remember in first year having a class on level 5 and getting up the stairs to level 4 and being like ummm where are the rest of the stairs. Took me a few minutes to find the stairwell.

The frustration level is similar to if you've ever been to parramatta westfield...I don't know if it's just because I'm not from around there or if I'm retarded or what but that place was designed as if someone realised they forgot to put a few escalators in, then tried to do the harry potter moving staircase thing, then just put some corridors wherever the hell they'd fit. Never mind where they lead to. Same sort of thing with the Ed building

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You get used to the ed building. It manages to fit the most possible rooms in it, and it has COLD WATER which is awesome.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Anything above level 4 is like a maze in the edu building but at least there's a lift.
Plus walking around and around the stairs to get to a tut room in one of the quad towers ALWAYS gives me a headache so maybe I'm just not made for bad infrastructure. :eek:

Anyway, who cares. It's not like I'm at uni enough for these things to really hassle me (just kidding, I'm really a nerdy asian child who studies for fun).

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
the chemistry building is logically laid out and floor plans are similar for floors 2 and above. in the north wing are offices, in the south wing are labs divided into physical/theoretical (level 3), inorganic (level 4), and organic (level 5) with research labs following this general layout also.

fantastic building. plus none of the interior walls are permanent or some shit so they can grow/shrink offices as they please.

there are fire doors everywhere, large staircases, two large lifts and ample firefighting equipment.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Anything above level 4 is like a maze in the edu building but at least there's a lift.
Plus walking around and around the stairs to get to a tut room in one of the quad towers ALWAYS gives me a headache so maybe I'm just not made for bad infrastructure. :eek:

Anyway, who cares. It's not like I'm at uni enough for these things to really hassle me (just kidding, I'm really a nerdy asian child who studies for fun).
dont shoot yourself!

neafoo

HSC
ffffffffff i borrowed a book for like 6 hours today from the short loan section, and they've given me a fine claiming that i borrowed it from the reserve section? Someone must have put it back in the wrong shelf or something ';(~

spence

HSC
stammtisch had crap service
stammtisch was ok. service was indeed rather poor, but company was p ok and the food when it finally arrived (almost an hour and a half later) was sufficiently nom.

last night was first time at essen. i'd rather like to go back and try their cider sometime soon if anyone's up for it
Aren't you the same person :confused:

Can't really blame them, they were told to expect 30 people max, and like 100 turned up

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
man! Beachball was off the hook! who was there and who saw the guy in the light-up t-shirt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)