Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Today my friend and I had the best presentation of the lot, despite the fact that we haven't finished the essay it was (supposed to be) based on, and we prepared the 'poster' for it this morning.

But most people presenting were asian and/or read off a sheet of paper. Boring as hell.

spence

HSC
Timetables are meant to come out on the first day of exams I think. But they're usually out earlier

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
goony, how do u study for the comp3520 final
The year i did it the questions were pretty similar to the tute questions. Just read the textbook (the one with the dinosaur on the front). I think the course is pretty different this year though, even if it is still run by bing bing.

izzy88

HSC
SciTech library will have a trial of extended opening hours for stuvac and exams this year;

from June 7-21:
monday - friday: 8am-12am

sat: 9-5
sun: 1-5

(the saturday and sunday times haven't changed).

The SciTech Library, University of Sydney Library

the security bus has also been extended until midnight on weeknights for the trial period.

I'm not sure why SciTech was chosen over Fisher (I thought Fisher would be the one that has longer hours etc) but maybe I'm just biased since i've never set foot in SciTech and am always in Fisher. :p

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Some of the girls in my course have already figured out their timetables for next sem, but that's because there's only one class for each elective so it's easy to see how that will affect your timetable.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
chad - your mass messaging woke me up today. when i was sleeping off a fever. not happy :( yes, sending a text message on average every three minutes for an entire month is an achievement, but hearing about it on fb was quite enough. in the case that you do manage to break your record again, can you keep me out of the mass messaging please.

cheers

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
still at uni for the first time in awhile.

And i never thought i'd say this, but 400/5000 odd due next wednesday, plus a 5 page report due monday, 20 page group report due next friday and 35% project due saturday after that. It's going to be a long weekend.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I've got a 7000 word thing due Friday. 100% of my grade. Thanks Education.
And then 4 lesson plans due the following friday, 50% of my grade. Damn Education.

:(

jet

Banned
HSC
Only two more lectures with Chris Cosgrove.

~exciting~

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I've finished and printed my 6000 word essay (with a partner), but it's not due til next week (during prac??!).

And there's another 200 words of my science reflection left. Needs another source or two and it'll be done.

Then prac starts on monday.

Pink Balloons

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
are all assessments compulsory? let's say if you missed an assessment which was worth around 5 or 10%, would they fail you? or do you simply lost that percentage?
i'm enquiring about microeconomics by the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)