Semester 1 Timetables (1 Viewer)

jtyler

HSC
Exactly the same here, only one clash between two lectures with one stream - which doesn't seem like a 'difficult' clash at all. Grrr.
Exactly. Nothing can be done, I don't see the point of needing an advisor; I'm not going to change units over it... and now I assume I have to line up with every other dickhead that just wants to try and nitpick their timetable.

HSC
Re: Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread

guys when your subjected is highlighted when you use the option take up to 5 hours off on the following two days, where do they go because i seriosuly dont know where they wetn ??????????????????????

HELPPPPPP
Engrish prease

georgeissa_1991

HSC
Under Foundations of Law, it states that "some of the classes for this Unit of Study commence before week 1 of semester. Lectures start in the week commencing February 16."

Is this true? Or does it apply only to graduate law students?

Lori.

HSC
stupid question, but how do i post up my timetable without the text wrapping????

Lori.

HSC
Under Foundations of Law, it states that "some of the classes for this Unit of Study commence before week 1 of semester. Lectures start in the week commencing February 16."

Is this true? Or does it apply only to graduate law students?
don't all law students start early?

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Exactly. Nothing can be done, I don't see the point of needing an advisor; I'm not going to change units over it... and now I assume I have to line up with every other dickhead that just wants to try and nitpick their timetable.
I know - I already e-mailed the lecturer of one of the subjets involved in the clash and he just told me it's not a problem, don't come to the lecture and get the notes online + buddy up with a friend. But no, this byzantine bastard of a timetabling system insists I need advice.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

guys when your subjected is highlighted when you use the option take up to 5 hours off on the following two days, where do they go because i seriosuly dont know where they wetn ??????????????????????

HELPPPPPP
Do you mean when you select a time period to have off and a subject appears in the blue column?

That means that's the only time that lecture/tute is on so you can either go to it or not but you can't move it.

Otherwise idk what you're on about

jtyler

HSC
I know - I already e-mailed the lecturer of one of the subjets involved in the clash and he just told me it's not a problem, don't come to the lecture and get the notes offline + buddy up with a friend. But no, this byzantine bastard of a timetabling system insists I need advice.
Out of interest, which subjects? The timetable website says someone else has the exact same clash as me, heh.

georgeissa_1991

HSC
I'm enrolled in first-year Combined Law for 2009 and I haven't heard anything about having lectures prior to University officially begins lessons on the 2nd of March.

Are there any other Combined Law students that are in the same boat as me or have already attended a lecture this week?

jtyler

HSC
I think the early Law class(es) is/are a result of Foundations (for one) being taught on an intensive 4 (or so) week basis for graduate students.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Out of interest, which subjects? The timetable website says someone else has the exact same clash as me, heh.
The clash is between LAWS1006 and CHEM1903 on a Monday at 9am.

conics2008

HSC

Do you mean when you select a time period to have off and a subject appears in the blue column?

That means that's the only time that lecture/tute is on so you can either go to it or not but you can't move it.

Otherwise idk what you're on about

huh ??

this is what i can after i clcked on "get me a similar timetable "

i got my normal but then on the time i selected yes its blue but the subjects are still there ???

what does that mena

jtyler

HSC
The clash is between LAWS1006 and CHEM1903 on a Monday at 9am.
Heh. Mine's between LAWS1006 and MATH2962 (I transferred to Sci/Law). Disgusting maths units just aren't content with getting me up at 8am 4 days a week for 2 hours...

Not that you're worried, but you won't be missing much if you skip one 1st year chem lecture/week. I skipped a lot more than that and for far less compelling reasons ^_~.

Hope I'm not missing another clash somewhere.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

huh ??

this is what i can after i clcked on "get me a similar timetable "

i got my normal but then on the time i selected yes its blue but the subjects are still there ???

what does that mena
Ok so you've got a blue section with a subject in it?

All it means is that there's no other time that that subject is on so essentially, you don't get the time off that you asked for unless you want to skip that class.

Make sense?

edit: if that's not what you mean post your timetable so I can see what you're talking about

Last edited:

conics2008

HSC

yeh cosmic that was i meant, soooo basically if i get my final timetable with the blue highlighted thing on the times ive chosen that has subject in them, it cant be changed ok thanks..

maz5

HSC

I could easily fit that all into 2 days....but AT LEAST THREE!!!
How easy/difficult would it be to move the Friday tutorial to another day??

conics2008

HSC

ok now, when i click on get a new timetable, i get the same one i edited for the times.

??

this is soo confusing =[

ill post up the timetable and you will see what i mean .

Last edited:

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Heh. Mine's between LAWS1006 and MATH2962 (I transferred to Sci/Law). Disgusting maths units just aren't content with getting me up at 8am 4 days a week for 2 hours...

Not that you're worried, but you won't be missing much if you skip one 1st year chem lecture/week. I skipped a lot more than that and for far less compelling reasons ^_~.

Hope I'm not missing another clash somewhere.
Haha, thanks for the advice - seems like they're pretty similar clashes, between Adv. Sci units and Foundations. I'll probably see you during O-Week, we'll have a similar 'I am going to stab this timetable advisor' look on our faces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)