Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Did you just admit to plagiarising on a forum where most people know who you are irl?

Smart.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you just admit to plagiarising on a forum where most people know who you are irl?

Smart.
No... >.>

And it's already all over facebook

AND like, it was open book, and I totally changed the code to a code that didn't work (so tech. I didn't really).

I pretty much go the lecturer's code and tried to extrapolate it so that it would fit into what I wanted it to do, (which is like what I thought programming was, but it isn't) but I was freaking the fuck out so it didn't work anyway.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Saw my username in the Jumble section in the mX today, ha.
I see your username now:

Looking forward to final exams. A lot of things to do during the 1 month holiday...

Also seeing the big Nyan Cat along Eastern Avenue, I now vow to make one that stretches from Engineering to Bosch by the time I graduate...

izzy88

HSC
Looking forward to final exams. A lot of things to do during the 1 month holiday...
this semester has gone way too quickly! I am definitely not ready for exams :( although I also don't have much to do during the holiday - just work for me!

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Also seeing the big Nyan Cat along Eastern Avenue, I now vow to make one that stretches from Engineering to Bosch by the time I graduate...
Shit... I forgot to audition for Science Revue.

Fuck...

this semester has gone way too quickly! I am definitely not ready for exams :( although I also don't have much to do during the holiday - just work for me!
Sames.

I'm screwed! lol

But I'm officially no longer failing chem!

#Winning

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that I think about it, a 750 word ethics assignment is harder than I thought.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that I think about it, a 750 word ethics assignment is harder than I thought.
Know that feel.

MATH1901 assignment due Tuesday and I've only done one question, and that was two weeks ago. I've been so busy. :frown2:

jet

Banned
HSC
He made it a little trickier this year. (The 1901 assignment)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
He made it a little trickier this year. (The 1901 assignment)
Really?

It doesn't seem super hard.

I think I could do most except 2 because I don't know what it's actually asking, and 3 might be difficult because I haven't been paying attention and haven't seen anything like that in my life before.

I got a page and a half into 3b and rage quit so I'm gonna start 3 again tomorrow.

So technically I've only done question 1 lol

Which is just basic complex numbers.

jet

Banned
HSC
There should be tutes on 3, it looks like you'll be taking a log and evaluating that limit before exponentiating again.

Question 2 is checking conditions. If you check your lecture notes, continuously differentiable and differentiable mean slightly different things.

Here's a nice example of the difference: http://planetmath.org/ExampleOfDifferentiableFunctionWhoseDerivativeIsNotContinuous.html

I just got that by googling "continuously differentiable"

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
There should be tutes on 3, it looks like you'll be taking a log and evaluating that limit before exponentiating again.

Question 2 is checking conditions. If you check your lecture notes, continuously differentiable and differentiable mean slightly different things.
Yeah, I think there was something similar the week before the first quiz because I think Henry (the guy who sits next to me (I know he reads things on here so then he will actually know this is me and not think I'm lying)) was saying some way of solving something that looked similar and then I was like "nah, slut, you're wrong." and then Giles was like "Yo, shut the fuck up, both of you are shit dawgs, this is how you do it."

Is continuously diff when you can diff and then diff back or some shit, and just diff is when you can diff once?

So screwed.

jet

Banned
HSC
Differentiable is when the limit exists (i.e. the limit which is the definition of the derivative)

Continuously differentiable is when the derivative is continuous and it exists. So in the example, they can find the limit using the first principles definition, but if you look at the derivative, it isn't continuous at 0.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Differentiable is when the limit exists (i.e. the limit which is the definition of the derivative)

Continuously differentiable is when the derivative is continuous and it exists. So in the example, they can find the limit using the first principles definition, but if you look at the derivative, it isn't continuous at 0.
Okay.

So it's that "continuous", "non-continuous: infinite, one-sided", etc. thing?

jet

Banned
HSC
Maybe yes I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe yes I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.
like continuous limits and non-continuous ones, which include: infinite, and one-sided, and then some other one I don't remember.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If I upload my solutions to a question on my assignment can you guys give me a y/n as to wether it's right? y/n

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
oh that question, i think i have to redo my q2 after thinking about it today but someone told me that differentiable is when the g'(x) limit at x=0 exists and continuously differentiable is when so yeh i basically did working out for b) in part a) >_>

jet

Banned
HSC
like continuous limits and non-continuous ones, which include: infinite, and one-sided, and then some other one I don't remember.
Then probably yes.

oh that question, i think i have to redo my q2 after thinking about it today but someone told me that differentiable is when the g'(x) limit at x=0 exists and continuously differentiable is when so yeh i basically did working out for b) in part a) >_>
Continuously differentiable means your derivative is continuous. The fact that the left and right-hand limits are equal only says that the limit itself exists. Consider the function

Then the limit at 0 coming from the left is 0, and the limit at 0 coming from the right is 0, but the function clearly isn't continuous at 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)