Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antheung

HSC
N/A
CHEM3913 has dethroned HPSC2100 has the shittest unit @ USyd.
I actually wanted to suggest another unit instead -- that unit has extremely hard material and an extremely unhelpful, irresponsible lecturer. :mad3:

antheung

HSC
N/A
I'm so fed up with "friends" who literally never talk with you throughout the semester, and each time they send you a Facebook message it's because they want you to help them out with something (asking for help with an assignment, or asking for the contents of an exam that you sat before them ... ) :angryfire:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
CHEM3913 has dethroned HPSC2100 has the shittest unit @ USyd.
This Catalysis and Sustainable Processes?

The first part sounds interesting, sustainable processes seems a bit airy fairy though haha.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I'm probably partially screwed for micro, but yolo

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'm so fed up with "friends" who literally never talk with you throughout the semester, and each time they send you a Facebook message it's because they want you to help them out with something (asking for help with an assignment, or asking for the contents of an exam that you sat before them ... ) :angryfire:
Tell them there's a murky threshold where ‘help’ becomes ‘sabotage’, and are they sure they haven't reached that point, yet?

antheung

HSC
N/A
Tell them there's a murky threshold where ‘help’ becomes ‘sabotage’, and are they sure they haven't reached that point, yet?
It's a shame that I'm too timid and I don't dare to say that in front of them :frown2:

I guess I'll just ignore their message until the assessment is over and pretend that I was so busy that I didn't have time to talk with them. :p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Not as rekt as me haha. And apparently 2968 is worse.
Yer I've heard it's worse. Hopefully I'm more prepared for it though.

Don't worry, you might get surprised when you see the final mark and grade This happened to me last year :)
You had Daners though, I think he gives out higher marks than Florica.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Oh yes he does, I've got his quizzes from last year and they were pretty easy.

Shame about Florica. She's a really great lecturer, but her assessments are just cruel haha. I hope our marks do get moderated somewhat.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Yes that's true - I always got higher marks in MATH2962 and MATH3969 quizzes (and higher final marks as well) than I expected (in fact, much higher) :lol:
I remember seeing tough questions on the MATH3969 quizzes and I had problems understanding the question itself (not to mention how to approach it) and just wrote down some random stuff but still got awarded some marks :lol:

Silly Sausage

HSC
I'm starting to develop an irrational fear of not being able to find my examination rooms. :blink2:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
These don't sound like friends tbh, and you seem to know that by the "friends" thing. Drop them, you don't need them in your life and you'll be happier without them.

I'm starting to develop an irrational fear of not being able to find my examination rooms. :blink2:
Perhaps go check out where the rooms are before your exams?

antheung

HSC
N/A
These don't sound like friends tbh, and you seem to know that by the "friends" thing. Drop them, you don't need them in your life and you'll be happier without them.
That's true. In fact, this "friend" of mine actually gets good grades, but he still tries to come up with excuses (like saying he missed a few weeks of lectures because he was sick when I actually saw him attending the lectures) or pretend that he's about to fail, just to take advantage of me.

He introduced other "friends" to me as well, who behaved almost the same - they never talked with me unless they wanted to ask for a favour. I've had enough of this. :mad:

antheung

HSC
N/A
Reminds me of what happened to me last year: I misread my timetable for one of my exams and was 20 minutes late for it, so I missed reading time and I panicked so badly throughout the exam :spzz:

Luckily I didn't screw up too badly, but I nearly had a heart attack when I realized I misread my timetable.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
That's true. In fact, this "friend" of mine actually gets good grades, but he still tries to come up with excuses (like saying he missed a few weeks of lectures because he was sick when I actually saw him attending the lectures) or pretend that he's about to fail, just to take advantage of me.

He introduced other "friends" to me as well, who behaved almost the same - they never talked with me unless they wanted to ask for a favour. I've had enough of this. :mad:
Sounds alot like a guy i know, he gets really fucking salty when i beat him in anything and then just goes on a hardcore shutdown study mode.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually wanted to suggest another unit instead -- that unit has extremely hard material and an extremely unhelpful, irresponsible lecturer. :mad3:
Yeah, Masters' lectures are stupidly hard to follow, the others were okay-ish. My choice was either Materials or Catalysis...since I'm already doing the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)