Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Re: Semester II Chatter Thread!

I think it's fair impossible to have neutral lecturers. Everyone has opinions and these are going to be evident in what they say, how they say it, right down to what is included and excluded from the course itself.

As long as they admit that it's their view and you're not expected to hold it, that's fine with me.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

sorry guyz, Lisa Zadro = best lecturer ever

argument over

k thnks bai

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Malfoy said:
But you have to admit there's a lot more scope for personal interpretation in, say, the humanities rather than in something like maths or econometrics or something.
Oh lordy yes. I don't think you can avoid personal interpretation in the humanities.

In maths, I don't know if you can include personal interpretation. Maybe in some kind of crazy maths I've never heard of.

veridis

droog
HSC

Malfoy said:
Dr Pryor for the MDST course I did wasn't fantastic because he didn't explain things. He kind of just expected you to know everything before you went into the lectures. I think this was in large part due to the course structure, it had a lot of guest lecturers and the course was really disorganised - each week didn't have a connection to the next or anything and the assessments had not much relevance to anything either. I think if I'd had him for a different course he might have been a little better.
you were doing written record right? that course was always going to be random in depth lots of assumed knowledge. you should have done one of his crusade courses, ownage. i'm annoyed that john took a first year course this year, a john/lyn course last year would have been brilliant.

as for personal opinion in maths there's a fair bit of debate in discrete maths and cryptography. i'm assuming there's a hell of a lot more in fields i dont know of as well.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

veridis said:
as for personal opinion in maths there's a fair bit of debate in discrete maths and cryptography. i'm assuming there's a hell of a lot more in fields i dont know of as well.
i.e. crazy maths i've never heard of

HSC

townie said:
sorry guyz, Lisa Zadro = best lecturer ever

argument over

k thnks bai
Close 2nd to DBM sorry. It was close though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

guyz what does "Application assessed - no action" mean for special consideration?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

jb_nc said:
guyz what does "Application assessed - no action" mean for special consideration?
I assume that means that your application was assessed by the faculty, and no action will be taken, i.e. you were not granted special cuntsideration

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
I assume that means that your application was assessed by the faculty, and no action will be taken, i.e. you were not granted special cuntsideration
That would be "application declined" I think. I'm goign to ring them

it was a practical so i couldnt do it again.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Brogan said:
wow Nebuchanezzar is the lamest guy running.
I try my hardest. :eek:

Was it the qualifications I listed under my name that pushed me over? or under, amirite!?!!?!?!?!? LOL?!

scarybunny said:
you can tell he's really passionate about what he does
Yahh, definately, and I think that's one of the most important things for a lecturer, or teacher for that matter. If they don't care and they're not excited then I'm gonna remember jack all.

So apparently three out of four people here liked Dr. Stephie's lecturers. I had a hunch that I wasn't the odd one out. :eek:

waf said:
Bill Palmer is honestly one of the best maths lecturers I've had, after Easdown. You're shit
As I said back in the subject review thread, I get the feeling that maybe he's not excited by life sciences calculus, so maybe that and the fact that his lectures were at 8am made him seem shittier than he actually was? Possibly?

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
I try my hardest. :eek:

Was it the qualifications I listed under my name that pushed me over? or under, amirite!?!!?!?!?!? LOL?!

Yahh, definately, and I think that's one of the most important things for a lecturer, or teacher for that matter. If they don't care and they're not excited then I'm gonna remember jack all.

So apparently three out of four people here liked Dr. Stephie's lecturers. I had a hunch that I wasn't the odd one out. :eek:

As I said back in the subject review thread, I get the feeling that maybe he's not excited by life sciences calculus, so maybe that and the fact that his lectures were at 8am made him seem shittier than he actually was? Possibly?
come to my birthday lah~

I want to meet you :)

edit: that also applies to all the others in this thrad I've never met before :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Ennaybur said:
come to my birthday lah~

I want to meet you :)

edit: that also applies to all the others in this thrad I've never met before :eek:
When is this supposed birthday?

tlodg

HSC
N/A

Only about 2 weeks of uni left, and I still have 5 things due before the final. I know, you're probably thinking I did not have many things due before. That's not true. I have had 9 assignments done already. After finishing each one, there is a brief "yay! I'm so proud I finished it" moment but soon after I feel the pressure again. Sometimes it's good to let my mind wander off to places freely and having fun all I can, but it seems that even when there is some time to do so, I don't feel like it anymore. Now I'm thinking how someone can read my boring ramblings up to this point and also what electives I should take next semester. Anyone's got any recommendation?

tlodg

HSC
N/A

"One day I'll fly away.. leave all these to yesterday"

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

guyz if u sign up now for the smh's tertiary offer u can get it delivered in the holidays.

$25 thoguh *shout out*

stazi

Nightman
HSC

81 for ECOF essay. Slightly disapointed.
HD for ECOF presentation (not sure what the mark is, yet, but she was told me after that she thought it was totalliii orsum).

Still only got 5% of my mark for IBUS
0% of mark for MKTG

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

They did that Herald offer last year. Keep up with the times jb_nc.

My flask of chemicals fell into the ice bath today, and mucked up my lovely little concoction. Boo! :( I asked if I got special considering if I cried and they said no. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)