Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1689

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

spence said:
Good luck to you to.

I'm actually probably switching to arts next year, still wanting to major in ECOP, but I don't really like GOVT. Alternatively, I'm also considering international and global studies
Nice, but if you major in ecop in your current degree, you dont have to major in govt also right? Dont you just need to do like two senior units in govt or something?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

That's correct.

spence

HSC

nick1689 said:
Nice, but if you major in ecop in your current degree, you dont have to major in govt also right? Dont you just need to do like two senior units in govt or something?
Yeah but I've only done one GOVT so far, and there are other things I'd rather do with those subjects.

Only annoying thing with the change is the requirements for the ECOP major change next year, so I'll have to do an extra two core units.

What are you planning on majoring in?

nick1689

HSC

spence said:
Yeah but I've only done one GOVT so far, and there are other things I'd rather do with those subjects.

Only annoying thing with the change is the requirements for the ECOP major change next year, so I'll have to do an extra two core units.

What are you planning on majoring in?
What are the new requirements for an ecop major?

Ill prob end up majoring in govt and hsty, definately govt atleast; maybe ecop.

ed. Haha staz, thats the funniest thing ive seen all day

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

uder said:
Is Sandra giving everything back at once, including marks for the last group assignment?
She should be. but who knows. argh. am quite frustrated, given that all students are expected to hand everything in on time

spence

HSC

nick1689 said:
What are the new requirements for an ecop major?

Ill prob end up majoring in govt and hsty, definately govt atleast; maybe ecop.

ed. Haha staz, thats the funniest thing ive seen all day
For the ECOP major you now need to do Economic Policy in Global Context and Economics of Modern Capitalism - you used to have the choice between that and Social Foundations

nick1689

HSC

Ohk, fair enough. Economics of Modern Capitalism does look interesting though, Ill probably end up doing it even if i dont get into EcoSocSci next year

spence

HSC

Finished summarising for tomorrow. Got 32 pages

nick1689

HSC

Haha, shit, ive only got 19.. ah well.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what's wrong with saying epic fail in a comedic context?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

How'd u go Neb?

I thought it was a hard test overall.

1 more to go!!!

EDIT: Lost like 30 marks for (a) not knowing how to do either mechanism question (b) not knowing any of Clarke's written answer and (c) not knowing one part of Lay's work on heme.

But I don't think that's too unusual. Such a large (and gay) syllabus.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC

Just had Dispensing written exam. Very good paper :D everything was as expected, you just had to be anal as usual. The subject coordinator's a nice guy who really doesn't want to see anyone fail, so that's probably why, and there isn't too much you can examine on in dispensing anyway. The only tricky bit was the first question, which is like the last question of any paper--to differentiate the top people from everyone else. Threw me a bit, but I wrote stuff down so hopefully they'll give me partial marks for that.

The timing was a bit tight though--you only have time to check along as you write and don't have time at the end to do a grand check again, but I suppose that's good because lack of time will always be an issue in our professional lives and the exam was easy enough that if you didn't push them, there would be no way of differentiating everyone.

It felt good talking to people as well, about what we've done over the past week and it's good that I'm not the only one feeling guilty about taking a few too many days off with no study--most people started studying for today's and Thursday's exam on the weekend, which is what I did.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

jb_nc said:
How'd u go Neb?

I thought it was a hard test overall.

1 more to go!!!

EDIT: Lost like 30 marks for (a) not knowing how to do either mechanism question (b) not knowing any of Clarke's written answer and (c) not knowing one part of Lay's work on heme.

But I don't think that's too unusual. Such a large (and gay) syllabus.
yeah it was pretty hardish. pretty sure i got organic chem alright.

stuffed up the brownian motion question. i forgot/didn't remember/fucked up in working out D and then substituting it into the other equation. fuck fuck fuck.

also lay's thing on iron based biominerals. i crapped on about a few things here and there.

so yeah.

philosophy wasn't as fun as i thought it would be though. :bat:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
yeah it was pretty hardish. pretty sure i got organic chem alright.

stuffed up the brownian motion question. i forgot/didn't remember/fucked up in working out D and then substituting it into the other equation. fuck fuck fuck.

also lay's thing on iron based biominerals. i crapped on about a few things here and there.

so yeah.

philosophy wasn't as fun as i thought it would be though. :bat:
I think I got all that crap right. I thought I liked O-Chem.

No, I really don't.

But yeah it was hard so I'm resting a bit easier knowing a chem major found it hard.

:hat:

EDIT: You were doing a first year PHIL subject neb?

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

These last few days of uni are really dragging on.

Let's get to the holidays already.

From my research project and exam, I need a total of 19 marks (out of a possible 60) to pass. Should be right.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

fuuuck, just have to get through tomorrow. Only need 42/120 and 9/50 to pass tomorrow's exams, but i'm way underprepared. *equips self for major cram sesh tonight*

I hate it when this happens...i put myself into a really good position to do well with in-semester assignments and quizzes and stuff and just burn out during exams.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

goony said:
fuuuck, just have to get through tomorrow. Only need 42/120 and 9/50 to pass tomorrow's exams, but i'm way underprepared. *equips self for major cram sesh tonight*

I hate it when this happens...i put myself into a really good position to do well with in-semester assignments and quizzes and stuff and just burn out during exams.
Only need 3.5% to pass my unit tomorrow

:hippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)