Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

I have no intention of changing your mind. I was merely pointing out the relevance of IR to those pursuing a HR career.

Vulpix

Banned
HSC

Look defending ihpf here, I believe her anger was very founded. I mean who wouldn't be upset, humiliated and suicidal if they were constantly paired with Neb of all people?

Give me Stas any day ;)

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Vulpix said:
Look defending ihpf here, I believe her anger was very founded. I mean who wouldn't be upset, humiliated and suicidal if they were constantly paired with Neb of all people?

Give me Stas any day ;)
done. i will give it to you.

Vulpix

Banned
HSC

stazi said:
done. i will give it to you.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm a happy little foxy! :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Is there just like a general enquiry number for Fisher? I kept getting some automated machine message slut with "for [insert useless random option] press 3". And the dude I got connected to eventually had nfi what I was talking about. I just want to know if I left my flash drive thingy in the access lab on tuesday because I just realised I can't find it anywhere.

Vulpix

Banned
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Is there just like a general enquiry number for Fisher? I kept getting some automated machine message slut with "for [insert useless random option] press 3". And the dude I got connected to eventually had nfi what I was talking about. I just want to know if I left my flash drive thingy in the access lab on tuesday because I just realised I can't find it anywhere.
olol.

You don't give people a chance do you?

:rofl:

Man I'm lame.

:(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Vulpix said:
olol.

You don't give people a chance do you?

:rofl:

Man I'm lame.

lol :D

people calmly reciting unchanging facts at you when you just want something now is the most annoying thing ever

"no I want to know [this] please"

"for document delivery, press 5"

aaah

Vulpix

Banned
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
lol :D

people calmly reciting unchanging facts at you when you just want something now is the most annoying thing ever

"no I want to know [this] please"

"for document delivery, press 5"

aaah

Just hopeless.

amber44

HSC

KarmaKitten said:
Besides, I'm not even doing HRM/IR and I want to pursue a career in it.
WORK2211 and WORK2205 sound interesting!
So what are you doing KK?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
iirc the access lab is run by uni IT, not by the library, so you might want to get in touch with them.

http://www.usyd.edu.au/ict/switch/labs/contacts.shtml

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

"minimum wages create unemployment. A minimum wage creates two classes of workers: those who are lucky to find jobs at the minimum wage and those who are shut out because the minimum wage exceeds the market-clearing wage...minimum wages create economic inefficency."

It's true.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Rafy said:
"minimum wages create unemployment. A minimum wage creates two classes of workers: those who are lucky to find jobs at the minimum wage and those who are shut out because the minimum wage exceeds the market-clearing wage...minimum wages create economic inefficency."

It's true.
alternatively not having a minimum wage and/or any labour standards creates slaves

KarmaKitten

HSC

amber44 said:
So what are you doing KK?
I'm doing Economics as a Social Science majoring in Govt/International Relations and History.

However I've been volunteering at an ngo within their HR/Recruitment department for the past year and I have found that I really enjoy it.

KarmaKitten

HSC

There are many!

www.volunteer.com.au is pretty good. There is currently a HR policy position on there somewhere with the Benevolent Society. Even if you don't have HR experience, you can always ask them to take you on as a junior and just tell them that you are really keen on volunteering. This usually works with most ngos as they are pretty keen on volunteers and need all the extra help they can get.

Also, if you go usyd career website, there are sometimes volunteer HR positions listed there as well. (That's how I found my current position)

Just google 'volunteering' and a number of stuff should come up.
My advice, check regularly! Cause there may be nothing today, but there might be a great position next week.

Last edited:

CurlyRuby

HSC

Vulpix said:

Give me Stas any day ;)
$50 says Vulpix is IHPF.

kokodamonkey

HSC

Rafy said:

It's true.
hear hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)