• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

Silver Persian said:
Gah the Arts Faculty Office won't let me have my majors in both sociology and social policy because apparently one of my cross-listed sociology units is invald - even though it said it could be counted as part of the "sociology" subject area when I enrolled

stabstabstab

Poll: Would you rather have a major in sociology or social policy?
Oh what bitches! Can you take the matter up with someone else? If they said it could be counted, you can't go changing it later. Are you able to pick another unit next semester to cover the one they won't accept?

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
social policy sounds try hard. sociology sounds like you know where you stand. i'd take the latter.
Yeah I was actually thinking this. But on the other hand, "social policy" sounds more employable...

But I dunno...

HSC

amber44 said:
Oh what bitches! Can you take the matter up with someone else? If they said it could be counted, you can't go changing it later. Are you able to pick another unit next semester to cover the one they won't accept?
I'm going to keep complaining and being annoying with the arts faculty office for the next few days, and then I'll try contacting the head of the sociologiy department and ask him/her to intervene.

Unfortunately this is the last year of my arts degree, so I can't make up for the invalid unit next year :(

amber44

HSC

Silver Persian said:
I'm going to keep complaining and being annoying with the arts faculty office for the next few days, and then I'll try contacting the head of the sociologiy department and ask him/her to intervene.

Unfortunately this is the last year of my arts degree, so I can't make up for the invalid unit next year :(
If they said they'd accept the unit as part of your social policy major they should honour it. Come on, you've spent the last 3+ years working for this and now for them not to give you the two majors over a stupid subject, have some heart Arts faculty!

uder

HSC

I've still not received any mail regarding graduation despite submitting that online form in September. I've emailed the graduation person from E&B and from the general student office and received no reply...

lala2

Banned
HSC

Sigh I'm just going to give up on banning myself from BOS or the internet in general. Yay for Obama, and I've resolved my cramming plan as follows:

Tonight--finish obs and gyn, I will make sure I get through 3 lectures' worth of stuff tonight and I don't care how late I do it
Thurs--dermatology, oncology, capsules, stability
Fri--solids adv, proteins, aerosol, rectal
Sat--biomaterials, dosage form adv, OTC, review micromeritics and tabletting--thank God for small favours that these two were covered in midsem test
Sun--past papers and SLEEP EARLY--two exams on Monday.

I've just resolved to try to keep my Internet usage to a limit, and I shall have to hide my laptop under my bed to resist temptation. Again, thank God for small favours that Obama won so quickly--could've been waiting till dinner and then that would've been bad in terms of no studying. Right, I'm off now

stazi

Nightman
HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Yeah I've come to the realisation taht banning just makes me want to come on the internet more.

So a bit of input from my progess: I've done a bit of study for Accounting. I've learnt accounting 1B in a day and summerising the whole course in 6 pages. So proud of myself. Does anyone know how I should study for Australian Politics? Its like I read the textbook but it all seems to be in another language and unlike accounting I don't think I can summerise the whole textbook because I dont understand wtf it is saying. I'm pretty screwed for gender studies - 2500 words due Monday and I just lost all my work because my laptop had a problem and now its with the repair guys having its motherboard replaced but I guess the upside is that now that I dont have a laptop I use computer a lot less (right now I'm using the family computer). As for stats do not even get me started for how screwed I am for that subject. Like seriously. I dont seem to read my emails a lot. I got an email from the disabilities services to make an appointment with them before October the 24th or else I wouldn't be getting my special provisions. Totally read that email days after the 24th but for some miraculous reason the did my special provisions for me. I got an exta 40mins per exam which I'm really happy with.
tl;dr

amber44

HSC

Silver Persian said:

Depending on what happens with the head of sociology, but if you really want those two majors, you could fail on purpose that subject they won't accept, and end up doing an 'approved' subject next semester. It is extreme, but just an idea.

04er

HSC

uder said:
I've still not received any mail regarding graduation despite submitting that online form in September. I've emailed the graduation person from E&B and from the general student office and received no reply...
thats odd, i got mine 1 or 2 wks ago...

KarmaKitten

HSC

Studying is going average. I keep getting distracted

Plan for today is to study International Security and ECOP1003. I've pretty much studied 85% of the course in ECOP, just need to study one more topic.

So hopefully I can get that done before 4pm when I need to leave for a dinner tonight.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yeah, i havent had much time to study.

I've worked Tuesday, Wed and today, this week. Luckily I'm having a day off tomorrow.

KarmaKitten

HSC

Yeah working during exam study period blows. I had to last semester.

But this semester I told her I wasn't available!

HSC

amber44 said:
Depending on what happens with the head of sociology, but if you really want those two majors, you could fail on purpose that subject they won't accept, and end up doing an 'approved' subject next semester. It is extreme, but just an idea.
Yeah I was thinking about maybe stopping my GCST unit and then doing a summer school SCLG unit...

I think if my wrangling with the arts faculty and the sociology department doesn't work, I'll just kill the social policy major. It's not the end of the world :)

amber44

HSC

Silver Persian said:
Yeah I was thinking about maybe stopping my GCST unit and then doing a summer school SCLG unit...

I think if my wrangling with the arts faculty and the sociology department doesn't work, I'll just kill the social policy major. It's not the end of the world :)
Still, you've put this much time in it and to not have it count. If it doesn't get put down as a major, will it appear as a minor?

uder

HSC

staz, have you also received mail regarding graduation?

uder

HSC

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Does anyone know how I should study for Australian Politics? Its like I read the textbook but it all seems to be in another language and unlike accounting I don't think I can summerise the whole textbook because I dont understand wtf it is saying.
I'm about to start studying for this so I'll let you know I go about it once I do. From what I remember in the last lecture it won't be terribly difficult as long as you learn some key points from each lecture.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Starting study today. Wooo

stazi

Nightman
HSC

uder said:
staz, have you also received mail regarding graduation?
Yep. A friend of mine hasn't and called up to find out why: apparently those who haven't received letters aren't eligible to graduate.

welcome to usyd class of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)