Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I mean, if you don't have other examples to use, its best to just strongly highlight the ones you do have. Try rewording it, so it doesn't just look like you copied and pasted from your resume.

It's really about the way you word your resume/application.
Thanks KarmaKitten! Also, what job do you have at the hospital? How long between the closing date and interview offers? Tomorrow is exactly a week since I submitted my application and I haven't received any notification yet. Also, what do you think of following up? Is it frowned upon or looked favourably upon in the hospital environment?

Thanks for answering my questions though, I'm just stressed and paranoid because if I don't make the interview stage for this one (Albury) there's no way in hell I'll stand a chance in any of the other more competitive rural places let alone Sydney.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
bye bye bos
gonna hit up the permaban

will see some of you around uni!

would like to meet silver persian one day

oh well

KarmaKitten

HSC
Thanks KarmaKitten! Also, what job do you have at the hospital? How long between the closing date and interview offers? Tomorrow is exactly a week since I submitted my application and I haven't received any notification yet. Also, what do you think of following up? Is it frowned upon or looked favourably upon in the hospital environment?
I just do admin/clerical work in an ED department. So nothing complex.

From memory though, it took FOREVER for me to find out news regarding the job. I applied in November 2007, heard nothing till January, was certain obviously I did not get it, was called in for an interview early Feb and I started work mid February! It was insane. Hospital recruitment is the most tedious and long process ever. Although, you're applying for graduate positions right? So I assume the wait is different.

As for follow up, definitely find out the dates etc. i.e when they will be looking at applications, interviews, etc. Its better to know. If you feel uncomfortable about bothering them, you can always give a fake name :D

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Probably won't be at tomorrow's meet. I've come to the realisation that I'm getting very close to falling behind in some of my subjects, and so will have to spend more time studying if I'm going to get anything above a pass. I need to get my GPA/WAM up in order to be able to apply for a research internship at the end of next year. Also, my cross institutional study application requires a transcript. Mine already has one fail on it, so I need to make sure that it'll stay as the only fail. As well as that, I don't want to have to do any of the subjects I'm doing now ever again. They're bad enough the first time around.

I'll be around in the next few weeks, just not this time :)

kokodamonkey

HSC
tomorrow is not an official meet squeenie so ur off the hook. tomorrow is an informal/random for anyone that bothers to turn up. official meet will return next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)