Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
my geopolitics class ended with people swearing and trying to get at me and with the tutor telling them all to calm down and show restraint :p mission accomplished!
LOL, was it over the post 9/11 world?

kokodamonkey

HSC
no it was talking about we split up into 4groups and were each given like "a view point" on what was going on and we had to argue it. and our group's one was very boring and fake, it was something along the lines of that the war on terror is about the domination of natural resources.. which isn't ture at all its about spreading freedom..

anyway i was a bit restless and was telling the rest of the group that who cares lets just get aggressive and argue with everyone allready and they were half laughing then some other group went first and theirs was like anti-bush or something it said that we only went in there to promote freedom for the west..

and i said i disagreed with it and said it was providing freedom for the whole world, not just "the west' and then it just got into more aggressive comments and then nice ones from me about how we are all innocence and should promote freedom at all costs and blablabl said a few other things and it just got into a shouting match from there and then the other people couldn't control themselves and started swearing etc etc

HSC
I remember once trying to raise some anti-welfare state points in a social policy tutorial once. Results were not pretty.

Pretty pathetic that people can't control themselves when engaging in a debate. (Although to be fair this isn't something that only effects the left).

kokodamonkey

HSC
to be quite honest everything i say is said in order to provoke others. SO i got so much joy out of it. i could ofcourse have kept quiet and kept my views to myself. but i didn't.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Wow kokodamonkey. That's some tute to be in! Is this a common occurrence with Arts tutes in general? Just doesn't happen in science ones.

But yeah, happy days are ahead. Got a pleasant surprise this morning--interview at Albury Hospital! Had to restrain myself on the train when I heard the msg on my phone! (yeah, bit of a jumper if not screamer). Except, they've booked me for 9:30am and the first flight out of Sydney arrives Albury 9:10, so I'm going to have to change the time.

JClamp

Banned
HSC
to be quite honest everything i say is said in order to provoke others. SO i got so much joy out of it. i could ofcourse have kept quiet and kept my views to myself. but i didn't.
see, the thing about trolling is that it shouldn't be obvious. obvs troll is obvs is not a compliment. you were obvs. so try harder next time ok guy?

eg: instead of taking the o-so-obvs route of "omg war on terror is about freedom"
take it down the road of something completely irrelevant and try to argue that and see the responses

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i had a dream about cosmic doris last night. except not really.

i was looking at the school of chem websites and one of the headlines said something about "cheesmic doris", which in dream logic was her real name apparently. She was a new item because she had come up with new, groundbreaking experiments for primary school. Then the dream went to a nightly news style format, and a story had some woman playing with testubes and pipes in a lab - but i didn't see her face or i don't remember it idk.

So there it is. My first BOS dream. /wrists
and i know other people's dreams are boring but humour me
thats hot

tell me moar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)