Semester 2 - Should I do FINS1612 with FINS1613 (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm currently a first year commerce/law student, and I was wondering whether I should do FINS1612 and FINS1613 next semester. I'm leaning towards doing a finance major and apparently it's easier if you do both subjects simultaneously. Also next semester I have to do torts and MGMT, so I'm only left with two more subjects.

So should I take on both, or should I take another flexible core (like marketing or macroeconomics or something)?

Thanks guys.

jellyy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I'm currently a first year commerce/law student, and I was wondering whether I should do FINS1612 and FINS1613 next semester. I'm leaning towards doing a finance major and apparently it's easier if you do both subjects simultaneously. Also next semester I have to do torts and MGMT, so I'm only left with two more subjects.

So should I take on both, or should I take another flexible core (like marketing or macroeconomics or something)?

Thanks guys.
you need to do another flexible core eventually, but order it totally up to you.
i chose to do an extra law subject in first year, it was the best :)

Zozo6969

HSC
u need to do 8 core commerce courses so u should try get them out of the way first. generally alot of people will do 1613 before 1612 because 1613 is a prerequisite for fins2624 which is a prerequisite for most other courses in finance. u should be sweet doing them at the same time too

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Go for both Nathan ;). Like I said, FINS1613 itself is a bitch. Since both subjects complement each other in some areas (e.g. dividend growth model), it should be a bonus.

Chelseafc65

HSC
Did you enroll in 1613? It's all full which sucks cause I just change my mind for it yesterday...

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
Did you enroll in 1613? It's all full which sucks cause I just change my mind for it yesterday...
i just checked, theres still a few tutorials open for it. theyre 90% full though so better get in quick!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'm doing both. Finance/QR plan semi-recommends it.
Yeah, do both at the same time. There's so much overlap. It'll be like doing 1.5 times the amount of work in a 6 OUC subject, but for 12 UOC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)