Semester 2 Timetables, 2012 (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Mon/Tues/Thurs and they're only 10-2 days! Feels like a sleep in plus an early mark

Certainly beats this last semester of 8-6, 5 days a week

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC

hopefully i didn't make a mistake by putting all my tutes on one day.
i thought that'd be convenient for some reason.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC

well at least i got the timetable i wanted :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mon/Tues/Thurs and they're only 10-2 days! Feels like a sleep in plus an early mark

Certainly beats this last semester of 8-6, 5 days a week
wow. That's like a complete backflip on what you have now.

So jelly.

hopefully i didn't make a mistake by putting all my tutes on one day.
i thought that'd be convenient for some reason.
you are probably going to skip all your lectures now. Lol

well at least i got the timetable i wanted :)
it isn't that bad.

WE HAVE A MATHS TUTE TOGETHER AGAIN. Yay!

Comp sci in MATLAB should be easy, I did MATLAB this semester (for engg) and it was easy, but mine counts for 6 CP. Yay WAM boost.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
it isn't that bad.

WE HAVE A MATHS TUTE TOGETHER AGAIN. Yay!

Comp sci in MATLAB should be easy, I did MATLAB this semester (for engg) and it was easy, but mine counts for 6 CP. Yay WAM boost.
YAY! awesome :) haha i actually did matlab for the 2nd half of PHYS1901 lab sessions (yeh all the ppl in my class who did engg had an advantage and finished way earlier than us :/) and i didn't know wth was going on first, but once you get it i have to agree that it is kinda easy XD

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
YAY! awesome :) haha i actually did matlab for the 2nd half of PHYS1901 lab sessions (yeh all the ppl in my class who did engg had an advantage and finished way earlier than us :/) and i didn't know wth was going on first, but once you get it i have to agree that it is kinda easy XD
It's super easy.

If you can be bothered, go to it.usyd.edu.au/~engg1801 and download all the resources and stuff for extra help. The lecture slides explain everything super-simply.

I dropped my MATLAB subject because I disliked it so much.
WUHT?! Why?! It's soooo simple and amaze-balls. ENGG1801 is the only subject I have a chance of getting an HD in just because MATLAB is soooo easy. It's just basic logic.

allira92

HSC
How strict are they on in person subject changes? I need to move one of my tutes and online they say that moving one class will re-allocate the entire timetable and that you can't request to move one class etc etc. Is this the case?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
How strict are they on in person subject changes? I need to move one of my tutes and online they say that moving one class will re-allocate the entire timetable and that you can't request to move one class etc etc. Is this the case?
To be honest, I've never found that to be a problem. I just showed up with how I wanted my new timetable to look like and they've done it for me.

Anyway, here's my new and slightly improved timetable!

Last edited:

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
It's also very easy to change it online. It is very easy to get it back to the exact state it was in, minus the one you want changed.

You just remove the timeslot that you are unavailable and click try. It will move that one class to another free spot. If you don't like that new spot, select that timeslot as unavailable also and click try again.

Doing it online is the easiest and most efficient way of doing it. Don't be scared by that "warning", as it is very easy to get it back to the way it was (or even better).

izzy88

HSC
yay got my subjects sorted and a new timetable (not that it really made much difference).

At the moment I've got: Monday/Wednesday 4.30-6.30 (city) and Tuesday/Thursday 9-1; and a subject with no class. I'll probably end up dropping the monday subject, so I'll end up with 8 hours of actual contact hours :p I haven't had so little class since honours!

allira92

HSC
It's also very easy to change it online. It is very easy to get it back to the exact state it was in, minus the one you want changed.

You just remove the timeslot that you are unavailable and click try. It will move that one class to another free spot. If you don't like that new spot, select that timeslot as unavailable also and click try again.

Doing it online is the easiest and most efficient way of doing it. Don't be scared by that "warning", as it is very easy to get it back to the way it was (or even better).
I've tried doing it online, 100 times at least and I can't get things where I want them to go without another subject deciding to jump ship but its good that in person is easy, i figured the warning was just a scare tactic but Its good to know, Thanks.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
To be honest, I've never found that to be a problem. I just showed up with how I wanted my new timetable to look like and they've done it for me.

Anyway, here's my new and slightly improved timetable!

Are you going to skip the Tues Hist lecture? Because if not, we should coffee date after that (I have 11-12 free too!)

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I've tried doing it online, 100 times at least and I can't get things where I want them to go without another subject deciding to jump ship but its good that in person is easy, i figured the warning was just a scare tactic but Its good to know, Thanks.
In that case you just continually block off wherever it jumps to, until it has no choice but to return to it's original position. You chase it around for a little bit, but it eventually returns. They always return :awesome:

izzy88

HSC
In that case you just continually block off wherever it jumps to, until it has no choice but to return to it's original position. You chase it around for a little bit, but it eventually returns. They always return :awesome:
The only exception is where classes are full...if the class is full the computer won't let you switch into it. You have to go plead with either the manual timetable people or the faculty directly.

TheBloop

HSC
The only exception is where classes are full...if the class is full the computer won't let you switch into it. You have to go plead with either the manual timetable people or the faculty directly.
I say go to the faculty directly because some of the timetable people are meanies. (no offence to the timetable guys, I'm sure some of them are nice but this one wasn't)

Last edited:

izzy88

HSC
I say go to the faculty directly
I suspect its probably because if the class is full, the timetabling people don't have the authority to add more people :p

However depending on the faculty, it may not be so easy. In law last year they cut off manual timetabling changes really early (so you couldn't go to the timetabling unit), and made everyone who wanted to switch classes put in forms for why they wanted a class change with 'good' reasons (eg. if it was for work, you had to show that you would suffer financial hardship if you didn't work etc). Quite stringent.

Last edited:

TheBloop

HSC
I suspect its probably because if the class is full, the timetabling people don't have the authority to add more people :p

However depending on the faculty, it may not be so easy. In law last year they cut off manual timetabling changes really early (so you couldn't go to the timetabling unit), and made everyone who wanted to switch classes put in forms for why they wanted a class change with 'good' reasons (eg. if it was for work, you had to show that you would suffer financial hardship if you didn't work etc). Quite stringent.
Yeah, I just emailed all my faculties giving legitimate reasons and they all said to just go to whatever in the first week and I'd be enrolled in that for the rest of semester (unless I had legitimate reasons to change again), except the maths faculty were meanies, but I just went to what I wanted and the tutors put my on the list for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)