Seminal Publications?? (1 Viewer)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
ok re-reading through the criteria for my essay, in the referencing part it sats

Please note:
all rferencs must be current( withing the past 5 years) or be seminal publications.

... can somone tell me what that is?

X

xeuyrawp

pattii said:
ok re-reading through the criteria for my essay, in the referencing part it sats

Please note:
all rferencs must be current( withing the past 5 years) or be seminal publications.

... can somone tell me what that is?
It basically means 'original and important'.

So they're telling you that sources either have to be new, or have to be the original important pieces.

Eg for biology, things older than 5 years may be outdated - so you may not want to use them, unless they were seminal, like Darwin's On the Origin of Species.

Last edited by a moderator:

Che08

HSC
ahh see someone knew where to look! arent you glad i said im guessing hehe

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

che08 said:
So your sitting there with a dictionary :read: looking up things people ask?
Yes.

In the age where we have 1000s of free online dictionaries, I hauled a dictionary off my shelf and looked up a word that I already knew.

Edit: sorry, I double posted and deleted the first one.

Che08

HSC
wait are you still saying that you already knew what it meant.. or did you look it up on one of those 1000s of online dictionaries?!
I know you added the link but the real question is.. did you know it or did you find it out?!

X

xeuyrawp

I know the word and use it occasionally.

I actually looked it up because I wondered if it was actually related to semen (no joke), and posted the link here so people can check up on the definition.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
it means publications full of wank, thus seminal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)