Senior Science Exam (1 Viewer)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
I was looking over last years HSC s.s. exam and its really hard compared to alot of the practice papers that we have done in class... has neone looked over this exam and agree with me?? lol

p.s. how DOES microflora, natural oil and perspiration contribute to the pH of the skin???

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
p.s. how DOES microflora, natural oil and perspiration contribute to the pH of the skin???
this was in our trial.. i had no idea!

ill let you know when i get my results back

(if you haven't already found out by now lol)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
this was in our trial.. i had no idea!

ill let you know when i get my results back

(if you haven't already found out by now lol)
i found it out and it was useful in the exam! :D:D
but i only got 67% overall.. :eek: but 3rd in the class!

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Congratulations! weeeeee!

Ill let ya know what I get when the results come back, our test was heaps easy! The notes according to the syllabus on this site are the best things to study from.. i can probably attribute quite a significant chunk of my trials mark to those.

What kind of marks is the rest of your class getting?

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Congratulations! weeeeee!

Ill let ya know what I get when the results come back, our test was heaps easy! The notes according to the syllabus on this site are the best things to study from.. i can probably attribute quite a significant chunk of my trials mark to those.

What kind of marks is the rest of your class getting?
umm the top was 76%...

the bottom was in the 40's. no one read the questions properly.. so thats why we all bombed out.. stupid use of verbs stuff.. :/

chloepillar

HSC
i found the 2005 paper rather easy, if u study properly and actually absorb the 'technical' terms, its easy. The 2004 apper is a lot harder tho. and sum1 asked about microflora etc and what effect it has on eth pH of the skin....
§ explain the relationship between the natural pH of the skin and the action of
microflora
natural oil produced by glands in the skin
perspiration

l The natural oil in the skin; Sebum is produced by sebaceous glands and is slightly acidic.
l The sweat or perspiration on our skin is produced by the sweat glands and is also slightly acidic. The composition of sweat varies according to the stimulus that produced its secretion. Sweat produced by heat is more acidic than sweat in response to exercise. A ‘cold-sweat’ that is secreted in response to intense excitement or fear has a more acidic pH.
l Most bacteria can survive in a narrow pH range. The bacterial microflora on our skin are able to survive acidic conditions with a pH range 4-6. Other harmful bacteria cannot usually survive this environment and so our acidic skin protects us from harmful bacteria or pathogens. Some of our microflora are able to breakdown the fatty acid molecules (from the natural oils) in our skin and thereby increase its acidity.

Jason1357

HSC
Yep whenever in doubt turn to the syllabus, easiest way to handle the situation.

All the past that I have seen have looked relatively easy except for some of those damn experiment questions i hate them and they take me ages.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Was that answer out of the DotPoint book? Cause I think it was the same answer I have under that point =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)