Senior Science??? (1 Viewer)

LouisaCar

HSC
I was thinking of picking up senior science this year (yr 12) & was wondering whether the HSC exam has questions on Preliminary work aswel :O
or is it just on the things learnt in year 12

THANK YOU !

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From my understanding of talking to the Science teachers at my school, and reading the syllabus, none of the Year 11 content is examinable but...you have to have completed the Preliminary course in either Senior Science itself or in Physcis, Biology, Chemistry or Earth and Environmental Science to be eligible for the HSC course.

LouisaCar

HSC
That's what I though but my teacher said otherwise and that up to 20% of the preliminary work could be in the HSC.

By the way have u sat for the hsc? & if so how did you go in Senior Science? I've had my doubts in picking it up since everyone says it's a really bad subject because it scales you down a lot???

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I did the HSC so long ago I have forgotten what I did but there was no Science in it - I am a History teacher but have had discussions over my career have had many discussions with the Science staff about things.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Well, at my school Senior Science is offered only in year 12. So, I suppose not.

UAI4EVA

HSC
N/A
You have to have done some sort of science subject in year 11 to pick up senior science.
Unsure about prelim content in exam, but you would expect it to be similar to other subjects where up to 20% of prelim work is tested.

HSC
none is tested, it's purely year 12 work (i picked it up in year 12 and have completed all hsc papers from '01 to '11, so speaking from experience here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)