• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Sentencing and Punishment HELP!! (1 Viewer)

nathan98

HSC
I have an Assignment coming up about sentencing and punishment. One of the themes/Challenges will be incorporated into thee essay question... Im having trouble relating some of the themes into the sentencing and punishment topic. Im having a look at excel and only the first theme about discretion is mentioned within sentencing and punishment.. Could someone please give me a brief outline ???

spatula232

HSC
Incorporating the Themes and Challenges is essentially linking the content with a concept. You've more than likely already got the knowledge, it's just a matter of you yourself sitting down and arranging each piece of content to a theme and challenge.

What we did in class was assign each of our cases to a particular theme and challenge (could link to multiple).

For your question, I'd say grab a copy of the syllabus (or your own notes) with the content and try and link it a theme or challenge. For example, compliance and non-compliance could link to aggravating and mitigating circumstances. Moral and Ethical could link to variances in penalties for young offenders vs adults.

As long as you can make a link and support it (with LCMR -- Legislation, Cases and Media Reports), you will be fine. All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)