• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Separate Division Forums? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I just found this, about Colleges. That would be the best forum separation, imo. The only bad thing is that Psych is put with the sciences, but most psychologists like to think their stuff is scientific.
Ok, I'll bite! Technically, psych is a science but its also humanities-related too (obviously!). I personally like to think of my psych as humanities because I'm interested in social psych etc, which I dont think really has much scientific underpinning apart from stats.

But then, as you said, there are others that would disagree. In the end, we're all pretty laidback in the psych dept. so you could put it wherever and we would flock.

And I agree with you Rob, this is an awesome layout for the forum, much more streamlined than what we have currently - nice find! :D

p.s I hope Laz is reading all this feedback :)

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
Did I miss something with the grammar? Should there be a "but" in the last sentence? ...and I'll ignore the underlying argument ;)
Sorry, it was really poorly written. I mean 'But note if we do it this way, psychology will be put with the other sciences'.

I meant 'science' in the subject (math, chem, physics) sense, not in the objective sense, not like 'it's an exact science', but 'it's a sciencey subject'. Bah. :(

Psychology is in the College of Sciences, but most psych students seem to do other social sciences rather than study the subject from a physiological perspective. I wasn't paying out psych! :D

I messaged fatmuscle and he said he liked the idea -- I think it's up to flyin' now.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yeah -- it would have been better having all 54 departments! :rolleyes:
It would of been nice to have a subforum for every department and degree then every possible degree pathway/unit.

:eek:

And every student should get their own subforum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)