serious aggies out there? (1 Viewer)

Smiddy

50% deaf...
HSC
Hi,
was wondering if there are any serious ag ppl put there, like ppl who live it? my sister needs desperatly info on recent events that are happening agricutrally nationwide, like things that make the land. if any can just give me a briefing on current ag issues in australia that would be a big help!
Thanks ~sMiDdY~

Jaydels

HSC
i dont really know of any current issues........there was a locust plague a little while ago, i dont know if thats still an issue....probably not, but anyway. try looking at department of agriculture sites if you haven't already

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Well i think drought is a big problem.

Introduction of Genetically Modified plants which could become super weeds.

Also El-Ninos and global warming will affect farming.

The murray river and using it for irrigation.

Sustainable agriculture

I think these are all major issues and i'm sure there are many more.

But i don't do agricultre, I do geography and we did examine these in our yr11 course as issue to agriculture.
I hope it helps.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
zenger had a few good issues there...

drought and locust plague would definately be the two major ones at the moment (especially for nsw)

other things she might want to look at are the price of stock lately (has gone up a fair bit coz of the rain over christmas/new year)

try the nsw department of ag website, or the land newspaper website (sorry can't remember what the sites are but just google it)

hth - pm me if u have any questions

colli-17

HSC
Hey just a thought, how about you buy the land or queensland country life or whatever paper is relevant, comes out each thursday and has all the topics relevant to every apsect of the rural industry at the moment, save pissfarting around with everyone that "thinks" they know of an issue, The NLIS and Derugaltion of industies is always big.... www.infarmation.com.au will help too

cheers Colli

stephey-luvcows

HSC
hey i do it my d.e so i my the land news paper she can try that it always has current stuff in it and if she needs any help she can email me:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)