[Serious] I think the job offer I accepted may have been a scam. (1 Viewer)

Baggypants

HSC
The money isn't part of my available funds lol. But dw i'm an ethical person, I won't run.

Baggypants

HSC
I'll tell them tomorrow morning, I don't wana get them involved yet tbh. They worry too much.

Baggypants

HSC
Ok so i just got back from the police station and they've recorded everything down. Tomorrow I'm going to the bank and we'll see what happens. I have to say, I could really use that money with future hecs debt.

Baggypants

HSC
Nah lol, that's why I went to the police. I'm going to the bank today.
When I accepted the job, the job advertised a simple office assistant job with menial tasks. After I accepted the job offer I realised what this flapping is. But unfortunately by then I had sent a lot of my personal information as well. I'm going to the bank today to talk to them.
BTW, my cut of the $8000 is actually $300. I'm meant to do this task 5 times a week. $300 x 5= $1500. For a supposed part time office assistant job, that's a lot of money. But, yeah, I'm ethical so I already told the police about it and they'll see.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You should have pocketed it and said I thought this was my payment in advance for the tasks I perform, but my parents said its a scam and I already spend it on $8000 at officeworks. Then, once the police get off your back, go to OW and refund your items. Have them deposit it into a different card when refunding. Ez cash ez moni.
It's dirty money, if he takes it his life could be in danger

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You should have pocketed it and said I thought this was my payment in advance for the tasks I perform, but my parents said its a scam and I already spend it on $8000 at officeworks. Then, once the police get off your back, go to OW and refund your items. Have them deposit it into a different card when refunding. Ez cash ez moni.
It's dirty money, if he takes it his life could be in danger

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Nah lol, that's why I went to the police. I'm going to the bank today.
When I accepted the job, the job advertised a simple office assistant job with menial tasks. After I accepted the job offer I realised what this flapping is. But unfortunately by then I had sent a lot of my personal information as well. I'm going to the bank today to talk to them.
BTW, my cut of the $8000 is actually $300. I'm meant to do this task 5 times a week. $300 x 5= $1500. For a supposed part time office assistant job, that's a lot of money. But, yeah, I'm ethical so I already told the police about it and they'll see.
Good. You get paid so well because if you're caught you face serious prison time.

And believe me, there are well defined ways to tell

Baggypants

HSC
I'm 18. I told my parents and they were at first kinda angry but they were calm after they talked to my mums friend who's a lawyer. I confronted the scammer about it and he blocked me. I went to the bank and told them to send the money back where it came from, but they said they can't and can only send the $8000 if the sender reclaims it. The chances of them reclaiming the money is pretty small considering they've blocked me and are probably running. I talked to my mums friend(the lawyer) and she said that if the sender doesn't reclaim the money and that if the money stays in my accoount for a certain period of time, then the $8k becomes mine by law.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm 18. I told my parents and they were at first kinda angry but they were calm after they talked to my mums friend who's a lawyer. I confronted the scammer about it and he blocked me. I went to the bank and told them to send the money back where it came from, but they said they can't and can only send the $8000 if the sender reclaims it. The chances of them reclaiming the money is pretty small considering they've blocked me and are probably running. I talked to my mums friend(the lawyer) and she said that if the sender doesn't reclaim the money and that if the money stays in my accoount for a certain period of time, then the $8k becomes mine by law.
id suggest using that 8k to hire a bodyguard

Simorgh

HSC
I talked to my mums friend(the lawyer) and she said that if the sender doesn't reclaim the money and that if the money stays in my accoount for a certain period of time, then the $8k becomes mine by law.
At least you have made some profit. That $8000 could come in real handy.

But dude besides all the money! He knows everything about you, from where you live and the day you were born. Thats scary.

If someone who I didn't know had so much information about even me, I couldn't possibly live another day.

Baggypants

HSC
I'm getting a new TFN, a new phone number, and I'm not sure where to go to for this, but I might have a new passport made. Should I change anything else? Btw, I used an IP resolver to track where these guys are and I got France as their location. And when the guy asked me to process the money for him to Western Union, he wanted it to do it in Euros. So unless they have their men in Australia I should be physically fine.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'm getting a new TFN, a new phone number, and I'm not sure where to go to for this, but I might have a new passport made. Should I change anything else? Btw, I used an IP resolver to track where these guys are and I got France as their location. And when the guy asked me to process the money for him to Western Union, he wanted it to do it in Euros. So unless they have their men in Australia I should be physically fine.
I'm sure they have people here too. Honestly OP I'd watch my back, you don't really know who they are, they could be gang type criminals and they know everything about you. Not trying to scare you but I'd be alert.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
lol, posting fake job ad to launder money. what a dumb fucking idea.

'process payment' hahahahaha shit.

coppers might let you keep some money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)