Setting Up A Home Gym (1 Viewer)

kati85

HSC
N/A
thanks janny. The only gripe about my current DBs is that they take rather a long time to change the weight up/down (need to twist the spinlock collar off the end of the dumbbell first). Am eyeing off the adjustable, selectable dumbbells although these are really expensive! e.g. google "selectech adjustable dumbbell"

jannny

HSC
Pace_T said:
seems to me that janny is interested in the aesthetics of the hobby. if thats the case you shouldnt be bothering strength training. imo stick to a bulking/cutting routine. dont waste your time.

theres two main problems i think that people with home gyms encounter
1) theres no spotter. this is going to inhibit how much you bench, particularly with barbells etc. dumbell equivalents are pretty good though. without a spotter just go 1 or 2 reps shy of failure for barbell bench and all that stuff.

2) the other problem lies with squats. unless you have some sort of rack (which can easily cost >$1000) then its extremely difficult to mount the right weight for you to squat. you are limited to things like lunges and hack squats
use exrx.net if you dont know what exercises im talking about.

hi pace T, what do you mean spotter? like someone looking after u in a gym? lol

2) Cant I just start with a weight that I can easily do and then if I can improve the reps I can do with it and then I will increase the weight?

Also does anyone know, what fly curls are for?

Nat3skiz

HSC
jannny said:
hi pace T, what do you mean spotter? like someone looking after u in a gym? lol

2) Cant I just start with a weight that I can easily do and then if I can improve the reps I can do with it and then I will increase the weight?

Also does anyone know, what fly curls are for?

spotter is pretty much someone who watches you while you perform reps. Helps to motivate, correct form, and make sure you don't injure yourself if you cannot perform the required action.

2) Depends on what you want to gain from weight lifting. My apologies if i missed a post of yours explaining that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)