Sex Survey (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey, why is it most of us feel comfortable talking about sex around teachers, but not around our parents?
weird.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
meh....it doesnt worry me at all as its my job.
Its funny, Im running a "ask anything about sex ed." question box at the moment in PE and trust me, the questions Im getting....!!!! Some are a bit too open.....
LOL

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hehe...
what are some of the more 'open' ones?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
ummm..... *blushes as he thinks of the questions*
I dont know if I could repeat them here actually as they are a bit invasive and descriptive....
substitute xyz for whatever your imagination comes up with.....
•how does xyz feel ?
•why do girls like/dislike doing xyz? (how the hell do I answer that one?)

had some "scary" questions like "How do I tell if Im gay?" and "do I have to tell my parents that Im not a virgin?" along with a couple that I cant say here due to disclosure rules but lets just say that in ten years of doing this activity, this would be the most open time (and they are all girls....)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oooh, very embarassing for you!
cant you get a female teacher to do that?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
naw..... that would be a cop out. I will have to think about it though.......
the kids are really good so I dont think it will be an issue if I pike out on some of the questions....

One of the questions will be fun as I had to seek some legal advice today to answer it..... (not one of the Q/s in prev. post)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i must admit, even as a relatively young person, and as comfortable as i was discussing sex stuff around teachers, there is no way i would have asked some of those questions!

ooh, legal advice! scary stuff!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I was a little shocked when I was looking at them yesterday then I realised that they "dont know"....which is a good thing as it gives me something to work with if that makes sense ie the whole "say no" msg

yeah,, legal stuff...bit scary

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ouch!

however, yeah, them not knowing is def. a good thing

laracroft

Originally posted by glycerine

Questions:

1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers?
yep

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc)
it depends on who it is...parents, no...thats kinda....eeeewwwww...strange
but teachers no problem,a s long as its not the principal, or a scary old male teacher

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex?
no not really, i go to a catholic school...but it hasnt really changed my views

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts?
i think teaching it is very important: 10, then as long as its been taught, its the own persons decision on what they deicde to do with the information theybe been given, being at acatholic school theres some things i dun agree with, they jsut taught us in PE that the best for of contraaception is abstinance or not having sex... and didnt mentiona anything else coz its against catholic ethics, which i think is ridiculous, ppl are gonna ahve se neways, u mite aswell teach them properly whatsout there....

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not?
yeha i think the media does present it the extremes realistically, coz it always focuses on teenagers having constant sex, or gettin drunk, or talks about kids staying virgins, but wat about the regular ppl??
6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
17 female
[/B]

= Jennifer =

HSC
1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers?

yes

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc)

no

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex?

yes

4. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you believe it is for a school environment to teach and encourage safe sex? Do you think moral values should be included in our sex education or just the physical facts?

about 7 both

5. Do you feel that the media (television film etc) depicts adolescent sexuality in a realistic manner? Why or why not?

it is realistic and encourages teenboppers to do it although some cases are way out of proportion like in movies such as american pie i dont know anyone that is like those guys

6. Are you:
Male or Female?

female

13 - 15 or 16 - 19?

16-19

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
wish i could help erin but Im too old according to your scale....:p
LOL
haha, old fart
if you have any insights on adolescent sexuality in the media, go right ahead but!

speaking of teacher sex....err...you know what i mean... yesterday i told a teacher he probably hadn't been laid in like 6 years. hahaha. im mean :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by glycerine
speaking of teacher sex....err...you know what i mean... yesterday i told a teacher he probably hadn't been laid in like 6 years. hahaha. im mean :p
hehe, my chem teacher had a b'day and we asked if she was doing anything and she goes 'nah....the only man i wanna make mad passionate love to is overseas anyway...' and im just like 'eww!'
like, i get teachers have sex and all that, but i dont want to think about it! that would be like thinking about my parents having sex!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
hey, why is it most of us feel comfortable talking about sex around teachers, but not around our parents?
weird.
Cause your teachers havent known you since your birth, teachers know you pretty much at that age. And plus there is some stuff you dont want your parents finding out because you would be lectured etc.

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
that would be like thinking about my parents having sex!
Except the teacher wouldn't be in the room next to you of a night time.

Last edited:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
1. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around your peers? yes

2. Do you feel comfortable discussing sex and sexuality around authority figures? (teachers parents etc) no

3. Do you have any religious beliefs that impact on your views of adolescent sex? no

10- i was so shocked that our PE teacher in year 9 told us that we couldnt talk about the Pill cos we were in a catholic school and i guess the nuns were so old fashioned that i suppose that they wanted us to use the rhythm method- + then they dont want us to get pregnant - back to the question more morals should be in there ie being ready or waiting for the right time

no, most of the movies dont go into all the deeper stuff. its just pick up a girl and let her have it with no repercussions

6. Are you:
Male or Female?
13 - 15 or 16 - 19?
16-19 (17)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)