• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sexism in Big Brother (1 Viewer)

0Jade0 said:
You're the one bitching about reality TV mate.
when reality tv starts to demonstrate to our society that unacceptable behaviour will be not only accepted but will result in higher TV ratings then people should have a problem with it. Its not bitching its called decency

0Jade0

HSC
Do you watch big brother? Or do you get follow the crowd of do gooders?
Reality TV was never meant to teach society any lessons about morals or values. I believe that is up to your parents and the people that are complaining about the indecency of the show are just looking for a scapegoat.

0Jade0 said:
Do you watch big brother? Or do you get follow the crowd of do gooders?
Reality TV was never meant to teach society any lessons about morals or values. I believe that is up to your parents and the people that are complaining about the indecency of the show are just looking for a scapegoat.
First of all i take offense to being called a do-gooder - what has occurred in big brother this year has nothing to do with my beliefs, the fact of the matter is if it had taken place outside the house it would be a serious criminal offense. And i wasn't blaming big brother for society's problems, i was merely highlighting the need to cancel such shows because they are perpetrating already increasing unacceptable behaviour - just because there are other aspects of society which contribute to this does not mean that reality TV should not also be held accountable.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beethoven said:
so called 'reality tv' is an insult to people's intelligence - what really annoys me is that tv stations play on their audience's gullibility by milking the shows as much as they can - australian idol, inside idol, australian idol verdict, australian idol extra; big brother, big brother up late, big brother uncut, big brother live verdict, its absolutely ridiculous!
Big brother uplate and uncut are the best bits.

0Jade0

HSC
beethoven said:
First of all i take offense to being called a do-gooder - what has occurred in big brother this year has nothing to do with my beliefs, the fact of the matter is if it had taken place outside the house it would be a serious criminal offense. And i wasn't blaming big brother for society's problems, i was merely highlighting the need to cancel such shows because they are perpetrating already increasing unacceptable behaviour - just because there are other aspects of society which contribute to this does not mean that reality TV should not also be held accountable.
When something happens in the house that could be a criminal offence BB ask the 'victim' if they would like to have anything done about it. (like on last uncut with Vesna) It is easy for someone who doesn't watch the show pass judgement. But without actually watching the show your opinions aren't really relevant. I watch BB and I am not influenced to do anything that is shown that also goes for all the people I know that watch the show.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Sexism is so overrated.

Popular belief has it that only women are the victims of sexism when clearly it can go both ways.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Big Brother is gay, its the worst show in the world, i used to watch tv till the BIg Brother came up and then i stopped till it finished and started again. Its a waste of time, i rather watch dateline or something.

top shows:
pingu--awesome penguins
transformers---nothing beats it
simpons
lost
hm... cant remember the rest.

berry580

HSC
Well c'mon, lets face it. Today's society IS like that, if you consider that unacceptable, then dig a hole and bury yourself in it. Because if you're a girl, you might be "molested" by a police officer even after you die.

monkeyface

HSC
N/A
Ratings this week went up by 20,000 because of school holidays...a large number of these viewers would of been below the allowed 15 years of age.... The material shown is too explicit for the 9.30pm time slot...there really is no need for cable

stainmepink

HSC
i dont think big brother is a reflection or representation of the younger generation. The show big brother purposely chooses people who are outgoing, sexually active and single. The few contestants are selected from a huge range of audience. I do not think that 18/16/whatever housemates of selected background and behaviour could possibly represent the young generation of australia. If indeed glenn or whomever is being sexist, its obviously HIS problem. Its the individual person whos been brought up like this, and to say that our society is changing according to what this single person has done is ridiculous.

0Jade0

HSC
gobaby said:
i dont think big brother is a reflection or representation of the younger generation. The show big brother purposely chooses people who are outgoing, sexually active and single. The few contestants are selected from a huge range of audience. I do not think that 18/16/whatever housemates of selected background and behaviour could possibly represent the young generation of australia. If indeed glenn or whomever is being sexist, its obviously HIS problem. Its the individual person whos been brought up like this, and to say that our society is changing according to what this single person has done is ridiculous.
Believe it or not. The contestants are not chosen from the greater population, they are selected from the people that auditioned. The people that try out for these shows are outgoing, loud etc. If they aren't, why would they try out? They know what they would be filmed 24/7 so of couse they would be exhibitionists.
I also don't see how Glenn was being sexist...

Scanorama

HSC
Girls on Big Brother are sluts, whole bunch of sluts, guys on Big Brother are..... players.... has no respect of girls whatsoever. The whole show is fucked. The materials shown on uncut is way beyond MA15+, thats at least R18+.

It's hard to believe it is actually allowed to be put on public television.

stainmepink

HSC
I'm not being a snob here, but can i say that the big brother housemates seem uneducated? ok uneducated isnt the term, uninformed maybe on how the real world works. Political correctness in all its basking glory.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
sof said:
big brother sucks
God you are extremely gay.

Fuck you. Big Brother is good and you love to sucketh the genitals of your own sex.

mesmo

HSC
gobaby said:
I'm not being a snob here, but can i say that the big brother housemates seem uneducated? ok uneducated isnt the term, uninformed maybe on how the real world works. Political correctness in all its basking glory.
No, you're exactly right. The housemates are 'stupid' and 'uninformed'. Unfortunately, it seems they accurately represent Australian youth, with only one housemate being relatively intellectual with the others being ignorant, self-important dumbasses. Now that's snobbish.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Girls on Big Brother are sluts, whole bunch of sluts, guys on Big Brother are..... players.... has no respect of girls whatsoever. The whole show is fucked. The materials shown on uncut is way beyond MA15+, thats at least R18+.

It's hard to believe it is actually allowed to be put on public television.
yeah i watched uncut once and i was like "......" i knew there'd be nudity and such but i didnt expect to see people using vibrators and stuff....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)