Sexual Preferences! (1 Viewer)

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
So, here's a curious question. How many here, and who, do you think will get their major work published in the 2004 young writer's showcase? Reasons why, would probably be good too.

Consider the fact that they chose the best works, then publish a variety of works and ideas.

(And yes, i know the thread title has nothing to do with the thread topic. But i'm sure someone can be creative!)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
well me, obviously. :p
i can't even take myself seriously anymore.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i know i won't, is that any help?
I think glycerine has one of the best chances, but that might be diminished by the fact that there was a mw on buffy recently in the showcase. I hope not for her sake, she deserves it.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Argh, i know I wont! i know i havent heard any really negative stuff bout my work yet, but im telling u, my reflection statement was SHIThouse (which is why i didnt post it in the critique thread!) so naaaah, i got no chance :D

glycerine, on the other hand........... ;)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ahh thankings to the people : ) honestly while i *hope* mine gets through, i think there may be a certain level of sophistication missing that i've read in other ones.

i guess we'll have to wait and see

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah no offence to erin, but there is a fierce competition within the 50's mark (or other marks for that matter) to even consider yourself a favourite, mainly due to the fact that the works found within the showcases represent a somewhat "safe" side rather than one which totally blows you away, in other words technically excellent, but nothing too "out there."

Erin's piece is great and should get a good mark, but i think it lacks that technical side to be included.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh i completely agree, i'm not taking offence because i honestly don't think mine is sophisticated enough. unlike the majority of the crits in showcase, mine's actually easy to read. :p

Sonik

HSC
N/A
^ Showcase sounds like a massive wank...be mad to get in haha but a good mark is where its at I tells ya...

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
glycerine said:
... mine's actually easy to read. :p
Target audience? If the BOS is as true to their word as they say (save the remarks for later people) then it shouldnt matter if the writing is easy to read or not, as long as the target audience justifies the register, right?

Mines easy to read too, because i aimed it at an audience such as myself (or rather, i couldnt write much more complex even is i tried LOL)

400miles

perhaps JHakka will get in... did anyone ever get to read that story? i think the hype around it alone was big enough...

HSC
N/A
I'd vote for his, too.

Because if it doesn't get in, I'll never get a chance to read it, dammit!

Hmm. I'd like mine to get in, but don't think it will - it's just not perfect, and they need perfection to get into showcase, I'd think. But I'm cool with that. The perfect people from my school will get into showcase. That's enough.

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
mine was pretty mainstream witha pretty good reflection statement
but it wasn;t all arty, like iw asn;t going for marks
it was jsut a series of stories

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Yeah, I wanna read Jhakka's too, just so that I can say I read it when it was in its original form when it because a platinum seller. Or any of the film scripts. I'm the only one on here, as far as I know, who wrote a film script and posted it up. I wanna see what other people did damnit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)